chapter 23

"Wait there a second sweetheart" I say to Amy as there's a knock at the door. I get up and open it.

"Hi derek" I say. "What the hell have you been saying to my mom?" He asks, visibly angry. "Derek" I sigh.

"I told her not to-" I mumble. "She didn't tell me it was you, but I'm not fucking stupid! No matter how much you think I am" he says.

"I don't think you're stupid" I say. He scoffs. Amy starts crying. "She doesn't like people arguing.. I bet you're suprised I know that, seeing as I have such a small brain to keep the information in" he says. I groan.

"Amy it's okay" I walk over to her. "We're not fighting" I kneel down to the couch where she's sat. "We are" Derek says. I glare at him as she cries more.

"Shh.. Shh sweetie, its okay" I hug her. "Pwease stop fight" she says. "We will.. we're not fighting" I say.

I pull away and wipe her tears. I unpause the TV for her to watch and grab Derek's arm. I pull him into the kitchen.

"Derek I didn't call you stupid.. you're not stupid at all, but you don't concentrate in class! You don't study and don't do your homework.. if you keep it up then you won't be graduating" I say.

"Why did you tell my mom?" He asks. "Because I'm your teacher" I say. "You're also the woman I'm sleeping with! Do you know how embarrassing that is?" He groans. "Don't be embarrassed" I sigh.

"Its none of your business anyway!" He yells. "Yes, it is" I say. "No, it isn't!" He yells. Amelias crying again.

"I'm going" he says. "No, derek" I follow after him. He slams the front door behind him as he leaves. I groan.

I pick amelia up and hug her. She cries into my shoulder. "Shh" I rub her back gently. I sit her on my lap as I sit on the couch.

I hold her hands. "Stop crying" I say in a baby voice. I tickle her stomach. She calms down.

I playfully bite her fingers. She starts giggling. "I'm gonna eat all your little fingers" I hold her hand. She screams, pulling her hand away. I laugh.

I smile brightly as she kisses just next to my mouth softly, more on my cheek. "I wove you" she hugs me. "I love you too" I chuckle softly, hugging her back.

I hold her in my arms like a baby, sideways on my lap. I turn the TV back on. She sucks on her thumb.

"Should you be doing that?" I chuckle. Some kids do it when they're stressed I think. I'll just leave her. She closes her eyes. I stroke her hair gently.

"Amy?" I whisper a few minutes later. She doesn't open her eyes. I pick her up carefully. I take her outside and go next door. I knock on the door.

It opens. "Oh, hi nancy" I smile. "Hey" she smiles as she sees Amelia asleep in my arms. 

She carefully takes her from me. "Um, has derek said anything about me?" I whisper. "He's angry, what the hell did you do?" She chuckles. I sigh.

"He's a drama queen sometimes.. just give it a few days.. you'll be fine" she chuckles. "Okay, thanks" I smile. "Bye amy" I whisper. "Bye" I smile at Nancy before going back to my house.

I go up to my room and get ready for bed after having a quick shower. I get in bed after turning off the lights and eventually fall asleep after reading for a little while.