chapter 73

I'm sat next to Carol on the couch, drinking a glass of wine as we talk. Amelias sat between us, watching tv.

Derek walks in. He's only just got back from football practice. "Hey" he smiles. "Hi sweetheart" I smile as he leans down to kiss me.

He sits on the floor infront of me. He puts his hand on my leg, resting his chin on my knee. I stroke his hair gently. He smiles.

He holds Amy's small foot in his hand. She reaches her arms out to him. He picks her up. He sits in her previous spot between me and carol with her on his lap.

He takes my glass of wine and takes a sip. "Hey!" I take it back. He grins. Me and Carolyn both hit him. "Ow!" He yells. Amelia giggles, hitting his stomach too. We both laugh.

I finish my glass of wine and stand up. "I'm going" I lean down, looking at him. "No!" He exclaims. "I have papers to mark, darling.. I'll see you tomorrow" I peck his lips softly.

I stand up straight. "Can I come with you?" He asks. "I thought you wanted to stay here tonight" I say. "Fine.. bring your papers here and you can do it in my room" he says.

"Mhmmm.. okay" I say. "Go and get them" he slaps my ass gently. I glare at him before leaving.

I come back with a stack of papers. "Where's mine?" He stands up. He grabs his paper. "No!" I take it back. "But-" he whines. "Nope" I giggle, shaking my head.

"You're the worst girlfriend ever" he sits down, crossing his arms over his chest. He nudges amelia. She does the same, glaring at me too. I chuckle, shaking my head.

I go upstairs and put the papers on his desk. I mark for a couple of hours. When I'm finally finished, I go back downstairs.

I smile as I see him and amelia both asleep on the couch, her in his arms. "How did that happen?" I whisper, giggling. "She wanted him to lay with her and they both just drifted off" she chuckles. I laugh quietly.

I take a picture of them both. I smile, saving it as my lockscreen. They're adorable. "You can wake him up.. i don't want amelia sleeping this early anyway or she won't sleep tonight" Carol says.

I stroke his hair gently. "Der, honey" I whisper. He opens his eyes slowly. "Ew" he pulls away from amelia quickly. I laugh. "Derek" I hit him playfully.

"Oi! Get up" he shakes her. She opens her eyes. She smiles at him. He picks her up. She hugs him. He makes a face. "Der" I smile. He rolls his eyes but gives in and smiles, hugging her back.

"Can I stay in youw bed night?" She looks at us both. "No" Derek says. "Yes" I say. "Mama?" She asks. "Of course you can baby" she smiles. She giggles happily, jumping up and down on Derek's lap.

We take her upstairs and get her changed into her pjs before changing into our own. We sit her on Derek's bed. "Mmwaahhh!" I make funny noises as I kiss her stomach playfully. She giggles hysterically.

I kiss her cheek playfully too. "Stop giving her attention" Derek scoffs. I giggle, glaring at him playfully. I hold her small feet in my hands.

"You're so cute" I say. She giggles. I pull away slowly. She sits up. She climbs onto Derek's lap and hugs him. He hugs her.

I sit next to him. He picks her up, looking at her. "Who do you like more, me or meredith?" He asks. "Mhmm.." she looks at us both. "Both!" She says.

"That means me" he grins at me. I chuckle, rolling my eyes. "Amy loves me.. I buy her candy and take her shopping" I say. "I do that too" he says.

"Go to sleep" he puts her down. "Stowy fiwst!" She says, snuggling up between us. "No" he says. We both lay down. She nods.

"You have to.. or I won't sweep" she frowns. "Fine.. Once upon a time.. there was a little princess called amelia" he says. She smiles.

"And she was an annoying little brat, so in the night, when she was asleep.. the bogie man came and ate all her fingers and toes" he says. She sniffles, looking at me.

She starts crying. "Derek!" I hit him. He laughs. "Bogie man eat me!" She cries into my chest. I pick her up. "Its okay, he's just joking.. hes just joking amy" I hug her tight.

"The bogie man isn't real" I say. He's still laughing. I hit him again. "Amy I was just joking" he says. "Weally?" She asks. He nods.

She reaches out to him. He hugs her. "I'm sorry" he says, kissing her head. "You'll be in-between us anyway honey, so we can protect you" I say. "Okay" she smiles.

She lays back down. I tuck her in. I kiss her head. She closes her eyes. She soon falls asleep.

I look at him. "You're evil" I say. He grins. I chuckle softly. I kiss him softly. "I'm going to sleep" I giggle. "Goodnight" he chuckles softly.

I lay down, closing my eyes. I feel him stroking my hair gently. I smile. He does It until I drift off.