chapter 114

I wake up in the morning, naked in Derek's arms. He's sat up, watching tv with his arms wrapped around me. I'm laid between his legs.

"Good morning gorgeous" he smiles, looking down at me. I cuddle back into him, closing my eyes again.

"You still tired?" He strokes my hair. I nod. "Last night was amaazziinngg" I stretch my arms and legs out. "It was" he scratches my belly gently, like I'm a cat. I giggle.

"You seem like you're happier?" He says. "I'm still on an orgasm high" I grin. He chuckles. I kiss his thigh softly before sitting up.

"Come here" he pulls me into his arms. I hug him back. "I'm so happy we had sex last night.. I was missing you so much" he says. I smile small at him.

"I thought I was losing you" he says. "I'm sorry" I say, feeling guilty. "Its okay, as long as I'm not" he smiles. I kiss him.

My phone buzzes on the nightstand a few times. He grabs it for me. He frowns as he catches a glimpse of the screen.

"Who is this baby?" He asks, passing it to me. My eyes widen slightly as the realisation hits.

Last night:
I pull away from his lips slowly. "Can I get your number?" He chuckles, scanning my body. I grab his phone and save my number in it.

Present:
I sit up slowly, putting my fingers on my lips. No. No no no. I didn't.. "mer?" He asks. I look back at him. He has a very worried look on his face.

Two hours later:
"Derek please stop" I cry as I watch him pack up his stuff. He ignores me.

I put my hands on his waist, grabbing his shirt in my fists. "Please don't go" tears stream down my cheeks. "I can't believe you did this" he wipes his own tears.

"I was drunk and upset.. I'm so sorry, it was just a kiss" I say. "It wasn't just a kiss to me.. you betrayed me" he pushes me away gently, taking my hands off of him.

"So we're over? Just like that?" I ask. He looks into my eyes. "Yes" he says. "No.. no, derek" I cry harder.

He grabs his bag and goes downstairs. I follow him. "Don't go" I say. "I'll be back to get the rest of my stuff some other time" he says.

"What can I do to make you stay?" I ask tearfully. "Nothing, meredith.. you can do nothing" he says. "I'm so sorry" I whisper. "I know" he says.

"I love you" I sob. He looks into my eyes for a few seconds before leaving.

I wait at the door for a couple of minutes, hoping that he'll come back. He doesn't. I go and sit on the couch, curling up into a ball.

An hour later:
I knock on the door. "Meredith" Carolyn says as she sees me. "Can I go and talk to him please?" I wipe my tears.

"I don't think he wants to see you" she says. "Will you pass him this then?" I pass her a bunch of flowers with a long note in them telling him how sorry I am and how much I love him.

"Do you know how angry I am with you?" She snatches them off of me. "I know" I whisper. "You're my best friend meredith but he's my baby and you hurt him" she says.

"So.. we're not friends anymore?" I can physically feel my heart breaking more. "Come here" she hugs me. I hug her back tight.

"You did something really really stupid.. and I know how much you regret it, we'll always be friends.. but you need to give derek some time to cool off" she rubs my back.

We pull away. "Go home.. I will be over tomorrow with a huge bottle of wine and some of my special soup" she wipes my tears. "Okay" I sniffle.

"Will you?" I look at the flowers. "Yes" she says. I go home. I don't sleep.