chapter 53

Me and derek are outside, in the small alley that's between the two of our houses.

"Sweetheart, we should go inside" I whisper, moaning quietly as he kisses my neck, his body pressed against mine.

"Derek!" I freeze as I hear Carolyn. He pulls away. "Oh my god" I whisper, trying to hide behind him. He puts his hand on my waist, looking down at me.

"Please don't tell me thats-" she pulls him away. "Meredith" she says shocked. "Carolyn" I say.

She walks away. I look at him. "Carol, please let me explain" I walk after her. "What? So, you're making out with my son now?" She turns around.

I look down. She gasps quietly. "You've slept with him!? H-he's the one that you've been sleeping with!?" She yells. "I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell you" I say.

"I thought we were friends" she says. "You are my friend! You're probably- you're my best friend" I say. "He's my son" she says.

"Mom listen" Derek walks over. "Der, don't" I say. He stands next to me. "I'm sorry, but I love her.. like, a lot.. and she was my friend first!" He says. "Derek! Go away" I hit him.

"Don't hit him!" She says. "Its fine" he says. "Carolyn, please don't hate me" I say. "You're his teacher aswell! What- are you- are you doing it so you can get higher grades?" She looks at him.

"And what are you doing it for?" She looks at me. "No, I'm not doi- I love her" he says. "You're 18 years old! You don't even know what love is!" She says.

I wipe my cheeks quickly as a few tears run down them. I walk away. "Meredith" he holds my hand. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry carol.. you're the nicest friend I've ever had and I've messed it up.. just like I do everything else.. I'm sorry" I say.

I let go of his hand, walking into my house. I close the door, resting my head against it. I cry quietly.

Derek's pov:
"Mom" I say. She looks at me. "You didn't have to do that" I say. "She didn't have to have sex with my child!" She says.

"I'm eighteen.. the other day you literally said that you didn't care" I say. "It was hypothetical.. or I thought it was" she says. I sigh.

"Just don't speak to me for a while Derek.. I need to think" she shakes her head, walking away.

I go to merediths house. I walk in. I go straight upstairs. She's sat on the middle of her bed crying. "Hey, baby.. hey" I sit infront of her.

"Sh shh.. I know, it's okay" I whisper, pulling her into my arms. She cries into my chest, sitting on my lap.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry" she whispers. "Mer, what are you apologising to me for?" I smile, putting my hands on her cheeks. "I d-don't knoww!" She sobs. I chuckle softly. She giggles.

"Stop" she sobs between her laughs. We both laugh. She pushes her face into my neck, giggling.

She pulls away. We both smile. I wipe her tears. "Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" She asks. "I don't know" I whisper.

"My mom is really angry right now.. she didn't mean anything she said to you, I promise she didn't" I say. She sighs.

"And I do know what love is, I love you so much" I say. "Yeah, I know you do" she whispers. "And.." I say. "And I love you too!" She giggles, hugging me. I smile.

She pulls away. "You should go" she strokes my cheek gently with the back of her hand. "I'm not leaving whilst you're upset" I wrap my arms around her. "I'm okay" she smiles.

"Go, der" she kisses me softly. "Fine" I sigh, standing up. "Text me later" I lean down, kissing her. "Okay" she smiles small. I leave.