chapter 6

I walk back home from the shop. I go to merediths house and knock on the door. A guy answers.

"Who is it?" She walks up behind him. "Oh, hi derek" she smiles. I glare at the guy. "This is derek, my neighbour.. derek, this is George.. my friend" she says. "Hi" he says.

"Hi" I say. "What's up?" She asks. "I brought you this.. for stealing your leftovers the other day" I hand her a bag. The guy walks away. She steps closer to me.

"Thankyou derek" she giggles as she looks at the bag full of chips and snacks. "I'll cook for you sometime to properly make up for it if you want" I smile. She chuckles.

"I'm not going out with you" she says. "We wouldn't have to go out.. we could stay right here in your house" I grin. She giggles.

"Thankyou for this" she puts the bag aside. "Would you like to come in? I have a few friends over drinking, but I can get out the squash for you" she teases. I glare at her. She grins.

She let's me in. We walk to the living room. I gasp, grabbing her and pulling her infront of me. "Derek?" she says confused. I hide my face behind her head.

"I can see you shepherd" I hear. "Damn it" I mutter. "You know derek?" Meredith asks. "I teach him, unfortunately" miss yang says.

"Hi" I say. "What is he doing here?" She asks. "Hes my neighbour.. I asked if he wanted to join us" meredith says. "You give alcohol to underage boys?" Miss yang asks. "No" meredith giggles.

"Go and sit on the couch, she won't bite" Meredith says. I shake my head. She chuckles, pushing me to the couch. I sit down.

"How do you two know eachother?" I ask. "She's my best friend" meredith says. "I thought I was your best friend" I say. She glares at me. I grin.

"You're annoying" miss yang says. "Are you allowed to say that to me?" I ask. "We're not in school" she shrugs. I roll my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me!" She says. I jump slightly. Meredith chuckles.

"If I stay here, do I have to call you miss yang?" I ask. "You can call me cristina.. but if you ever do it in school, I'll make sure you never leave detention until the day you die" she says. I nod.

"What do you want to drink?" Meredith asks. "What are you having?" I stand up, scanning her body. "Tequila.. you're not though" she pushes me back down. I chuckle.

"Water please" I say. She goes to the kitchen. I follow her. She gasps as she turns around, not expecting me behind her.

I smile. "I don't like your friend" I say. "I don't think she likes you either" she chuckles. "She gave me a stack of homework yesterday.. 12 pages!" I whisper. She giggles.

"We both know that I'm not going to do it anyway.. so I don't understand why she even gives it to me" I roll my eyes. She chuckles.

"Do you're homework derek" she says. "I'll do anything you want me to" I rest my hands on the kitchen counter behind her so she's between them, looking into her eyes.

"Stop it!" She glares at me, pulling my hands away. "Do you want me to stop? Really?" I grin. "Shut up" a small grin appears on her face.

"Go to the living room and make nice with cristina" she pushes me away. I chuckle, going and sitting on the couch.

"Hi" I say. She just looks at me. "Can I ask you something?" I ask. "have you done your homework?" She asks. "No" I say. "Then no" she says.

"I'll do my homework.. just let me ask you a question" I say. "Fine" she says. "Does meredith ever speak about me?" I ask. She rolls her eyes.

"I can't tell you that.. she's my friend" she says. I grab £20 from my pocket. She takes it. "She's been talking about her neighbour, but she never mentioned your name.. or age!" She says. I grin.

"It might be another neighbour" George says. "Nah.. they're all old grannies around here, other than me and my friend mark" I say. She chuckles.

"My friend is a pervert" she says. Meredith walks into the room. I smile at her. She smiles back at me as she hands everyone their drinks.

"Thankyou" I say. "You're welcome" she sits next to me. She glares at me as I brush my hand over hers, resting on the couch between us. I grin. She chuckles.

We talk for a bit. Cristina is actually really chill outside school, which is unexpected. I can't believe meredith was talking about me to her best friend.. thats good.

After a little while cristina and George leave. They're all quite drunk so I called cabs for them both.

I close the front door and turn around. I gasp quietly as I see meredith stood behind me. "You scared me" I chuckle.

"You're cute" she whispers. I chuckle. "You're cute too" I put my hand on the small of her back, leading her upstairs.

"I wish you were older" she frowns. I smile. "I need pyjamas!" She yells as I try and help her into bed. I sigh.

I go to her draws and grab some. "Oh my god" I turn around quickly as I see she's pulled off her shirt. Don't get me wrong, I'd do anything to see those tits but not when she's not in the right state of mind.

"Its fine, just help me" she turns me around. I keep eye contact with her as I help her put her pyjamas on. "You're very polite" she grins. "Its basic human decency" I say.

"I don't want to go to bed" she says. "I need to go home" I say. "No!" She hugs me. I smile brightly.

"You can't leave.. I think there's a monster under my bed" she whispers drunkenly. I chuckle. I pick her up. She giggles. I lay her under her covers and tuck her in.

"Look" I say, kneeling to the floor. I look under the bed. "Nothing there" I say. "Promise" she raises her brow. "Promise" I say. I stand up.

"Bye meredith" I say. "Bye bye monster man" she mumbles into her pillow before closing her eyes. I chuckle, shaking my head.

I walk away and go home, locking up and posting the keys back through the letterbox on her door as I leave.