Chapter 46

(FIVE WEEKS LATER)

      It was around 7 and I felt nauseous and then I felt like I was going to throw up so I immediately ran to the bathroom.

      I lifted the seat and threw up, Billy came in and moved my hair out of my face. He rubbed my back as I threw up, when I had finished I sat back until I was ready to stand.

Billy stayed with me and helped me up, he placed his hand on my face to see if I was hot.

"Your not hot." He says "I'm not?" I say faked hurt but he just laughs and I do too.

Turn on the sink and splashed water on my face which makes me feel better. I walk down and see Billy making something to eat.

"Here, it chicken noodled soup." He says, I just felt like my stomach twisting and turning. I take the spoon and eat the soup.

"You can lay upstairs if your tired." He says, I nod. I got up and billy helped me, "your acting as if I was pregnant." I say with a nervous chuckle.

He just scoffs, "fine I'll let you go upstairs by yourself." Billy says. Not that I didn't want his help I need to call my mamá.

I get upstairs and grab the upstairs phone, I call mamá. "Hello this is Mrs. Arellano speaking." She says.

"Hey mamá are you um busy?" I ask. "no I'm not Mija" She says, "can we go to the drug store?" I ask "of course Mija I'll come pick you up." She says.

I walk back down stairs, "hey I'm going to be going out with mamá if it's ok." I say "ok but are you sure you can? I mean you just threw up." He says panicking.

"I'll be fine." I say Mamá shows up and I get into the passenger seat. "So what's wrong Mija." She said driving off.

"I uh threw up this morning and I'm uh I don't know if I'm uh." I said stuttering. "If your pregnant?" Mamá says.

I nodded, "no wonder your glowing." She says. Once we get there We get out of the car and go to the section that had the tests.

"Which house do you want to go to." Mamá says, "Not mine, I don't want billy to know." I say and she nods.

We drive to the house and get out, "do you know how this works Mija?" She asks.

"No but I'll read the instructions." I say and she nods. I go into the bathroom and take the test.

After five minutes I check the results and I see