002

BELLA

BELLA

-

I WOKE  UP with a bad hangover, I just got ready for the day and grabbed my journal.

Dylan and I just got errands done, did the last of packing, which was basically a lot of black clothing. It's just a universal rule that techs wear all black so we aren't seen. But we packed other clothes as well.
-
Today is the day we leave and I decided to call my sister. She didn't answer, but I left a message, "Hi Lydia, listen I'm leaving for tour today, and I'll try to call you again, you probably won't answer me, but please I just want to have a better relationship with you, maybe when I come back we can try to fix this. Anyways I love you, bye." I stood there and just looked at the phone dissapointed.

Dylan hugs me, "hey hey hey, it'll be okay, you still have me," Lydia is my older sister, we were raised by our aunt, because our parents got deported when we were younger, my dad went back to El Salvador and mom went back to Japan. They were young when they had us, so I'm sure they're still alive, but haven't heard much from them, no letters anything, they were probably relieved to have us off their shoulders.

Lydia and I always acted like sisters, we fought, we got along, just normal stuff, but once we got older, my taste in music changed, I started a band, she was more dissapointed than our aunt, my aunt didn't like it, she complained but knew there was nothing she could do, but Lydia on the other hand would go off about how our parents would be dissapointed, I pretended not to give a fuck, but not gonna lie, it hurt, "I'll get over it one day," I sniffle.
-
We pack the bus with our equipment and bags, and please know it is four in the morning. Glenn Tipton walks up to me, "Do you have my guitars?"

"No, but they should be in your bus," I say confused, and he continues to run around looking for his guitars.

Then soon enough we all leave. First stop will be Vegas for the US Festival, and I am nervous, I've never actually stage managed or teched anything like this in general. Of course I've done this but not on any tour with Ozzy fucking Osbourne.

"Hey," Dylan sits next to me, "what's going on?" I didn't notice but my leg was bouncing.

"Nothing," My leg bounces all the time even if I'm not super nervous, it does tend to get more aggressive when I am.

"If this is about the tour, you'll do great," I slightly smile, "Just remember that you and I were the head techs-" I cut him off.

"At our high schools theater," I laugh and so does he.
-
We are now in Vegas, I took a nap on the bus so I wouldn't be tired during the show, we set up all the lights, sound boards, get all the guitars and basses tuned, and we start the rehearsal which was... definitely a rehearsal. Nothing really happened after and the shows about to start. So I gather all the techs, and we all stand in a circle.

"Okay guys this is a little tradition Dylan and I had in high school and it may sound stupid when I say it like that but I'm doing it anyway," I explain, Dylan rolls his eyes in a playful way, "now repeat after me," I stick my hand in the middle and everyone follows.

"Oh god," I say.

"Oh god," they repeat.

"Please don't"

"Please don't"

"Let me"

"Let me"

"Fuck up"

"Fuck up"

"Lets have a good show you guys, get into places and I'll call over the headset when we start," and they all run, especially the ones who have to go far. Mötley Crüe is opening, so I knock on everyone's door, "Sixx, you guys are up soon," he was the only one who opened the door right away, he looks down at me making eye contact and I just stay there and disassociate.

"You just gonna stand there or are you going to move?" He says annoyed.

"Oh yeah sorry man," and I move. I run to the booth and start watching the show and paying attention to give cues. "Cue the death music," It's apart of the opening, and then they start playing, Take Me To the Top, I'll admit they put on a good show. Props to Mick and Nikki for running in heels better than I can.

During the solo Nikki and Vince head bang together, and let me say this is probably the hottest thing I have ever experienced. Vegas is always so hot, I've been here a couple of times, my aunt always loved gambling.

Towards the end of their set I run back stage to let Scorpions know they're up next. I get backstage and Nikki peaks his head backstage, "You!" someone forgot my name I guess, which was expected. I look at him, "I lost my pick," I pull my headset down to my mouth.

"Tim I need a pick, bassist lost his," I look at Nikki, "They should be coming!" It's extremely loud here, they only have one song left.

"Can he hurry we don't have all day!" he rushes.

"If you're that worried use your fingers!" I decide to be an asshole back.

"What do you know? It's not that fucking easy!" He rolls his eyes, and Tim came back with a pick, which literally only took a few seconds. I don't know what got into him, he was literally so nice to me the other day.

A few hours pass and Ozzy Osbourne just finished, holy shit it was such a good concert. I have never seen anything like this, now just a few more months of this.

-

second chapter is done! still a bit slow, promise I will attempt to be more interesting.