sixxty-sixx

oh my sweet lord, look at that sleeve oh my god

BELLA
-
TODAY IS THE DAY the last time I'll set foot in this apartment, the last memory I'll have in here. 10 fucking years, gone like that, I cannot fucking believe it.

"I know it's sad but needed to be done," Dylan pats my back. I look inside the empty apartment, and I think back to the very first time I stepped inside.

FLASHBACK 1976

"I think it's right here," I looked around, "5356 Lexington Ave?"

"Yeah I think that's it," Dylan said and parked.

"You must be Bella and Dylan," Mrs.Johnson, our landlord had asked.

"We are," I say.

"Here's the key, you two can feel free to check it out," she lead us into the apartment. The carpet was the dirty brown it always had been, and it wasn't too bad, could have used some scrubbing though.

"How long have you two been together?" She asked as we continued to observe.

"We aren't together," we say in unison.

"Just best friends," I finish.

After the tour we talked about it, "I know it's not much but we don't have many good opinions," I said pulling out of the parking lot.

"Yeah, it's probably all we have," he sighs.

Once high school was over for good, graduated and everything we moved in.

"Home sweet home," I say with a cardboard box in my hands and slamming down on the newly added couch.

"Can't wait til we personalize it, this place looks like a prison," Dylan adds.

END OF FLASHBACK

Those were the first memories I had in this apartment, and these were the last. And I was about to lock it for the last time.

I take one last good look, I close my eyes, then the door and lock it. We traveled down the stairs for the last time.

"Goodbye old apartment, you'll be missed," I blow it a kiss and drive to the new one.

Once the door was open, I took in the fresh scent. The clean hardwood floors, the nice countertop, the lights above my new table.

Then realized, "fuck we still have work," I groan on the couch.

"And it's a new tour who wants to use all their own lights so we have to replace entire pipes tonight," he explains.