010

BELLA

BELLA

-

A CAMERA CREW came in to interview the guys in the dressing room, and the people who saw the show were still here so I couldn't leave to do anything. I apologized to Tommy about what he walked in on.

"Nah you're fine, it was kind of hot," was his response.

As I sat on the couch before the interview there were two girls, they were whispering things while looking at me, "¿Esa es la groupie de la revista?" Is that the groupie from the magazine?

"¿Quién es la groupie de la revista?" Who's the groupie from the magazine? Everyone looks at me confused, no one besides the two other girls knew what I was saying.

"¿Hablas Español?" you speak Spanish? The same girl asks, and I just nod my head with my arms crossed, they stay silent.

When the interview started I just stayed on the couch, no one told me to go elsewhere, these guys really like flirting when women interview them.

All of a sudden Vince yells, "Wanna show them a little something?" To me and they focus the camera on me, I just roll my eyes and ignore it. What the fuck did I get myself into?

About ten minutes later I'm finally able to leave the room and take our equipment apart, the interview is still going. I grab a drill, then start to unscrew platforms we built ourselves

Nikki comes out, "what happened between you and those two girls?" I continue to work.

"It was nothing, just bonding over shared culture," I smile, I don't want him to worry about me, especially right now.

"Okay, you also never told me what happened to your hand," I press firmly on the drill to prevent it from going haywire.

"I broke a mug and it cut me," I explain while still working.

"How?" He puts his hands on his hips.

"I gripped it a bit too hard and it shattered," I explain.

"Bullshit," he says.

"Go ask Dylan, he was there," I realize that sounded a bit rude.

"What's going on with you?" He follows me as I make my way around the stage, "you won't tell me how you cut your hand or what happened between those girls."

"That is really how I cut my hand," I grab onto a chair and stand on it to reach the higher support we needed for the stand we put Tommy's drum set on.

"Well what'd those girls say?" I get down, take a deep breath then look up at him.

"Just stuff about the magazine, that was it," I didn't want to tell him but also didn't want to keep this conversation going.

"See I fucking knew it!" He yells, "why didn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry," I whisper, "you have enough  going on I don't want to stress you out even more."

NIKKI
-
I WOKE UP in my hotel room, no shirt on, a needle in my arm, I yanked it out of my arm and my chest was in pain, after each breath it was just worse and worse.

I gasp for air, and am sweaty, I hear a noise and turn my head violently, I hide under the blanket, then decide to walk over to my door to see what it was, and I see Vince down the hall.

"What the fuck," I struggle to say and grab his shoulders.

"What? What?" He looks scared for his life.

"Tiny Mexicans, they were in my garden, and now they've been following me!"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He runs away.
-
It's the next morning and I'm all out of smack, maybe this is a sign, to actually get clean. I put on sunglasses to cover the fact I look dead.

I've tried to get sober but I can't stop, and I feel horrible for telling Bella I would get clean.

I pack my shit into the bus and automatically sit down and stare out the window as we start driving, "Hey dude," Tommy moves his head up in a 'what's up' motion. I look at him then turn my head back toward the window, "can't believe our first tour is almost over."

"Yeah it's crazy," Vince joins us, "plus next time, we'll have more people listening to us, meaning more chicks for us," I scoff.

"What's going on with you?" Mick finally talks, I dont answer I just stand up and go hide in my bunk. My legs and arms are in pain, moving just makes it worse, my eyes start to get heavy and I close my eyes.

-

"Hey dude, wake up, we're going out, also why'd you sleep with shades on" I stand up, might as well go.

I roll out of bed and we go to the bar, and the roadies from last time are there already, "What the fuck are you guys doing here?" Tommy yells excitedly, Bella has a beer and looks like she doesn't wanna be here.

I wear my shades and avoid being near her so I sit between Mick and Tim, "Anyone want a bump?" Vince yells over the loud music, she gives me a death glare.

I stay silent as Tommy and Vince run their nose across the table. I wait until everyone was distracted, or at least the people who would notice. Bella was talking to Dylan so I leave, We're making our way back to LA so we're in Seattle right now.

I take a taxi, seeing this city again reminds me of how much I don't miss this place. I leave the taxi and knock on the door of someone I knew, the door opens "hey what's up man." His name was Max, never exactly liked him, but smack is smack.

"It's been awhile," I walk inside, needles all over the place, a small group of people shooting up.

"Assuming you didn't come to just say hi," he waves a needle. "You're like some rock star now right?"

"Yeah," I grab the needle and sit on the floor, Max ties some random ribbon with stains on it around my arm, I inject the needle into my veins and seconds later I couldn't sit up, and before I could try to get up I puke.
-
this chapter was so tricky to write.