sixxty-two

i just got the most brutal text from my grandma

NIKKI
-
WHEN I WOKE up this morning I had a bruise on my face and don't know how it got there. I called Bella but no answer, I called her multiple times, she didn't answer a single one.

So I went to her apartment and unlocked the door. She wasn't there, I sat there for a few hours, I went through her records, Dylan's old room. Until she finally came in.

"Where have you been?" I ask throwing my arms to the side.

"I was at Tommy's, I spent the night there," she hangs her keys up.

"A heads up would have been nice," I say lighting a cigarette.

She shakes her head, "do you remember last night at all?"

I start to think, "no."

"Well," she puts all her bags from shopping yesterday down then makes her way to the kitchen, "Tommy threw a party when we were gone and then I walked in on you shooting up, I tried to get you to come home with me and you got in my face, screamed at me, Tommy punched you then drove you home. Heather told me to stay at their house since I wan panicking so I slept there."

I felt so guilty, but was still curious to "why did you stay at Tommy's for so long?"

"Because," she sighs, "we had nothing else to do. Also I just gave you a recap of everything and that's what you ask?"

"I'm sorry, I really am, are you mad?" I twiddle my thumbs.

"No," she takes a deep breath and goes into the fridge, "I understand getting clean isn't easy, and I understand that people slip up, so I'm not mad. A bit disappointed though, you have a lot going on already with trying to stay clean, the last thing you need to do is worry about me being pissed. I was just really scared last night."

"Of me?" I ask nervously.

"No, for you," I could tell she wanted to cry, but she kept her composure. My heart was about to rip out of my chest. "Tommy took you home and you were left alone, anything could have happened, I was worried sick."

I give her a hug from behind, "I am so sorry," I squeeze her tight. "I promise I won't do that again."

She turns around, "it's okay." She gives me a soft kiss, I cup her face in my hands and the kiss gets more heated as I started moving my hands under her shirt. I pushed her against the wall and you can guess what happened next.

After having awesome sex on the coffee table, the conversation continued.

"I just don't want to go back to rehab, I went once and it wasn't great," I say holding her hand.

She just sighs, "okay," she exhales. "I just think you need serious help Nikki, this isn't healthy for you or us."

"It can be, I can just try to deal with the withdrawals, they fucking suck but it's fine," she stands up and makes her head limply hit the island.