050

NIKKI-BELLA IS COMING over to my house

NIKKI
-
BELLA IS COMING over to my house. Today is my first day without smack and I am living in fucking hell right now. I tried to write today, nothing, can't think of shit. It's almost as if drugs helped me write music. I can't even get out of bed, I'm in sweatpants and shirtless.

I hear a knock on the door and make my way downstairs to see Bella, "hey."

"Hey, come on in," she looks around at my house.

"This place is beautiful, a mess, but beautiful," she smiles.

"It's big," I scratch the back of my head, "so how was work?"

"Horrible," she dreads, "I haven't had this much food in my stomach in forever, I was about to puke in the catwalk."

"I don't feel great either," I say, "I can't write anything." I sit on the couch and rub my face, "I get back in the studio soon too."

"Well what are you going for?" She asks and sits down next to me looking at the scribbled piece of paper in front of me.

"I don't know," I said frustrated.

"Do you have a guitar here?" She asked.

"What? Of course I have a guitar here," I laugh.

"Where?"

"In the studio," I'm confused, "why?"

"Show me where your studio is," she puts her purse down and grabs my hand.

"Okay," I say and lead her to the studio.

"You're going to hate me," she says.

"Why?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Are we in a mood for a Stratocaster or the Les Paul?" She has her hands to her chin.

"Uhh, Stratocaster," I hand it to her and give her a strap, she grabs a pick to check if it's tuned.

"What tuning do you typically use?"

"D standard, also why am I going to hate you?" I laugh grabbing my thunderbird.

"Because I'm going to teach you scales, because I know for a fact you don't know them," she smiles.

"What? I don't need music theory, I don't even know what I want this album to be about," I groan.

"This isn't theory just a trick I had in highschool," she says, "please just trust me."

"Okay fine," I say, "also you might wanna grab a bass if your going to do this," I laugh.

"I thought we were going to try to use both?" She cocks an eyebrow.

"Well I guess you can, but I've never seen you actually play bass, I wanna see that," she gets up and looks at the selection.

"Man there's so many to choose from," she looks around. She takes one of my precision basses and plugs it in. She sits down and rests her finger on the pickup.