Watching the Fireflies - Shino - Silverscale

Name: Rin Senju

Age: 17

Looks: light brown hair to mid-back in a braid over right shoulder, vibrant green eyes, fair skin, wears a lilac colored trench coat like Shino's but leaves the collar unzipped so people see her face, baggy black pants, black ninja sandals, black hai-ate on forehead, lilac framed glasses

Personality: quiet, seems mysterious to others since she never talks

Likes: bugs, nature in general, quiet and shy people, animals in general

Dislikes: talking period, annoying and loud people, those who make fun of others or are rude in any way, shape, or form, crowds

Past: She traveled a lot when she was younger with Shizune and Tsunade. Tsunade trained Rin herself and gained the same seal as Tsunade when she turned 12 right before Tsunade became the Hokage of Konoha.

Family: Tsunade's cousin

~

I tore weeds out of my small garden then wiped the sweat from my brow. It was a warm day in Konoha but I still wore my favorite lilac colored trench coat.

"Rin!"

I groaned. Stupid me for not...oh well. I sighed.

"What Naruto?" I asked.

He stopped behind me.

"Do you want to come with me?" He asked.

"Where?"

"Sakura said she'd go on a date with me if I got others to come -ttebeyo!" He said smiling brightly.

He started talking again and I sighed then simply said "No." It was so blunt that he immediately stopped talking and stared at me in disbelief.

I started pulling weeds again as he just stared at me and I felt something was off. I looked behind at him to see him smiling at me.

"Shino is coming~," he said in a sing song voice.

I turned around feeling my cheeks burn. I pushed my glasses further up my nose and crossed my arms in front of my chest gathering my courage so I wouldn't squeak.

"I said no Naruto!"

I turned around and held my head up high then walked into my house. I closed my door but he put his foot in the way.

"I can twll ypu like him! You 're blushing!" He said with a grin.

I pushed him back slightly making him lose balance and closed my door. I put my back to it and slid down against it. I sighed.

I do like Shino but I am not that desperate. If he really wanted me to go he'd ask himself. It was then there was a knock on my door. I cleared my face of emotion and got up. I had my fist clenched ready to punch if it was Naruto but when I opened my door my fist unclenched fast as I let out a gentle smile.

"May I come in?" He asked.

I nodded and allowed him to enter my house.

"Of course Shino-san."

He looked around my place as I closed the door. I led him to the living room as he stuffed his hands in his pocket like usual.

"Tea?" I asked.

He needed and I smiled. I put a pot on the stove then put in two bags of green tea for later. I went to the drive and grabbed the cold ice tea out of there and grabbed to small cups. I poured some tea into both and headed out to the living room.

"This is sweet tea, Shino-san," I said handing it to him.

He took it with a small thank you. I nodded and for a moment we just sat in silence sipping our tea. I knew he didn't like talking and we both knew that we weren't good at talking anyway.

"What is this about a double date with us and Naruto and Sakura?" I asked out of the blue.

Shino coughed and I looked at him in shock. He kept coughing and I put my hand on his back. He immediately jumped up dropping the cup in the process.

"I-I'm sorry Rin," he said in a strained voice. "I have to go."

He then left leaving me wonder.

Not even a second after I had picked up his cup there was a knock on the door. I sighed and opened it to find Naruto with Shino. Naruto was smiling brightly with his hand firmly on Shino's shoulder while Shino had a light blush on his cheeks.

"Now ask her Shino!" Naruto said with a bright grin.

Shino seemingly glared at the blonde boy then turned back to me.

"Will you come with me on the double date?" He asked in a strained tone of voice.

I smiled at him.

"Are you being forced to ask me by Naruto, Shino?" I asked with a frown.

"No-yes," he said with his head down in a quiet voice.

I sighed.

"As long as Naruto leaves right now I will-"

"Bye!" Naruto exclaimed with a grin.

"That was rude..." Shino mumbled as Naruto bolted away.

I sighed and nodded.

"See you tonight then?" He asked.

I nodded with a soft smile.

"You don't have to dress up so wear...um...whatever?" He said in an unsure voice.

I giggled and nodded. He nodded back and with a small smile. He quickly leaned in and kissed my cheek causing me to blush then he was gone in a flash. I smiled and put my hand to my cheek. Maybe this won't be too bad.

~

The date went amazingly until the point when we were walking to the park and we were ditched by Sakura and Naruto.

"Was this a set up?" We asked each other at the same time.

I blinked then started laughing. Shino shook his head at me. It started to get dark and the fireflies (lightning bugs) were starting to come out. We sat down on a bench and watched them.

"So beautiful..." I mumbled.

I leaned my head on Shino's shoulder. He put his arm around my shoulder and the firefly's started to fly around us. It was perfect. I leaned up to kiss Shino's cheek. rr that we just watched the night go bye, us just watching the fireflies.

~

Well. I am very sorry for this one shot taking me so long to come out with. I hope you aren't mad at me Silver scale. I hope you all like it.

~Koneko

///^_\\\\*//

\\*////_^\\\