Animal Festival - Itachi - kaykvt

Name: Kila

Looks: ice blue eyes, flame red hair to waist with light yellow streaks in bangs, fox tail and ears - fur matches hair but tip of tail and ears have light yellow

Background: Kila travelled around never knowing her parents. She trained to protect herself until Itachi came along. He was the only one she couldn't defeat. Seeing her determination, Itachi took her in and trained her. She became a valuable asset to the Akatsuki and thought of everyone as family and since she never had a family before she stayed.

This one shot is for @kaykvt and I own Kila.

The girl pulled her hood over her to hide her ears and made sure her cloak covered her tail. Of course nothing could hide her icy blue eyes or dull their glow since her mask was broken long ago and was no longer fixable.

She sighed softly.

"What is wrong Kila?" A masculine voice asked from inside the darkness of the tree's shadow.

To anyone else it would sound like an uncaring, mocking, or rude tone, but it didn't to her. She could hear the curiosity and slight worry under the indifferent and cold tone of his voice.

A man with handsome features stepped out from the shadows. He ran a hand through his raven black hair when she sighed again.

"I just don't like how I couldn't do anything is all," she said softly with a small shrug of her shoulders. He hummed and nodded slightly. "Am I weak Itachi?"

He looked at the beautiful kitsune in front of him with an unbelieving expression. His expression softened and he smiled slightly at her.

"Konoha is still after you so you can't show your face," he said as he put a hand on her shoulder. "It wasn't your fault your mask broke Kila."

She gave another sad sigh as she turned to him and nodded.

"Now come."

With those words Itachi opened his arms. She jumped and shifted into a small fox with red fur and yellow tipped tail and ears. She landed in his arms and he somewhat protectively wrapped her in his arms.

She was as small as a kitten, small enough to where she could sit on his shoulder. She snuggled to him slightly making him smile softly. He then walked back into the shadows where he was swallowed up as if he had never been.

~

"Why does she have to stay like that?" A gruff voice asked.

Itachi opened the door and sighed seeing the inn keeper gave them a dirty looking room.

"Because Konoha nin are looking for her. Without her mask anyone can tell who she is Kisame."

Itachi said it in a voice that basically said the sharkman was stupid, hinting to the unasked question at least. Kisame glared slightly but shook his head.

Itachi sat down and Kila jumped from the top of his head to sit next to him. Itachi smiled softly.

"That still doesn't tell me why I can't see what she looks like," Kisame said in an irritated voice.

Itachi looked at him with a bored expression. "Simply because she doesn't want you to see her of course," he stated in his usual monotonous tone.

Kisame grumbled out an answer and laid on the spare bed with his face down in the pillows. It sounded as if he bed was going to break under him from his weigh, that or the floor would break.