Life Line - Neji - Harmony_Owl

Name: Avaron Hyuuga

Looks: long black hair to waist, pale silver/lavender eyes, bandages wrapped around left elbow, scar that runs from the bottom of her left ear and down her neck, hai-ate around waist

Personality: intelligent, calm but can get hyperactive when she's excited, sarcastic, sassy, strong

Crush: Neji Hyuuga

Background: She is a member of the main Hyuuga house, but she is the first to not inherit the Byakugan. Is considered a disgrace because of it. She is Chuunin rank. (Related to Hinata and Neji but very, very distantly of course)

~

Train. Eat. Rest. Train. Eat. Rest.

My never ending cycle. I needed to prove that I wasn't useless to the elders. I am of the main branch. I don't have the Byakugan but I can still prove myself through hard work. Lee has been helping me. In fact, he's been teaching me what work outs work best and he was a damn good teacher.

I glanced at Neji, my secret crush. He glared back at me making me frown and look back to Lee. I glanced back at him and saw him look into the sky with an frown.

I bet he thought I was a weakling as well, just like the elders. I sighed and narrowly dodged a kick by Lee. He was still better at taijutsu than me but he said I was advancing in a way Neji couldn't. Gai sensei even agreed with Lee and that made me smile.

"Well!" Lee's hyperactive and loud voice brought me from my thoughts. "That is enough for today Avaron-chan!"

He smiled with a thumbs up just like Gai sensei usually does. I smiled and nodded to him.

"Do you want to go out for Ramen to celebrate Avaron?" Gai sensei asked.

Lee looked at me and shook his head vigorously making me laugh.

"How about BBQ instead? I can be my treat?" I asked them.

"Nonsense!" Gai sensei shouted causing me to flinch.

Loud mouth. I giggled though.

"I will pay for us all! TenTen! Neji! You shall come as well!" Gai shouted with a bright smile and signature thumbs up.

TenTen smiled and shook her head but agreed.

"I'll pass," Neji said as he walked away.

I looked at his back in hurt. Sure it wasn't directed towards me but he was still blowing us off on a celebration for me. Why doesn't he ever come with us? TenTen saw my look and put an arm around my shoulder.

"Don't worry Avaron," TenTen said with a smile. "He does this to us a lot no matter what. I can't really blame him though with those two."

She pointed back to Lee and Gai and I laughed as they spun on their hands. I nodded to her.

"Yeah," I said softly. "Nothing to worry about I guess."

She nodded and smiled as she pulled me along after the two crazies.

~

I yawned as I weakly punched the log in front of me. My knuckles were bleeding but I was numb to pain by now. I just felt tired from the hours I was training. As soon as we got done eating I had started training again and that was five hours ago.

Lee had given me a very inspirational speech about how no matter if I didn't inherit the Byakugan that I could still be an amazing ninja. He did just by hard work. All he has is taijutsu since he can't utilize his chakra at all.

I yawned again and sank to my knees in front of the log. I hung my head and closed my eyes as I heard someone walk towards me. I knew it was Neji when he picked me up bridal style.

"Why you do this everyday is beyond me Avaron..." he muttered.

I could tell he wasn't mad about having to carry me home everyday though. I could hear it in his voice.

"I need to train. Only by training will I be excepted as a really Hyuuga..." I muttered with a yawn.

I heard him scoff.

"You are a real Hyuuga no matter what though," he said quietly.

I didn't say anything and just fell asleep in his arms knowing I was safe.

~

"What are you doing Avaron?!" Neji asked angrilly as I did my daily routine.

"Um...training of course. What does it look like?" I asked as I looked over my shoulder at him.

He was glaring harshly at me.

"You of all people shouldn't be training!" He yelled. "You have a broken arm and sprained ankle!"

I don't know why it was a problem. I wasn't using my hurt arm or leg. I was just using my left leg and right arm.

"I can't stop my training just because of a few hurting bones," I said as I resumed my work out.

He growled and the next thing I knew he piçked me up. I struggled against him but he hit a pressure point freezing my muscle movements and making me go stiff.

For a while he didn't say anything. He just carried me to who knows where.

"Avaron," Neji sighed. "All you ever talk about is training. You don't see how your excessive training affects others around you. Lee and Gai sensei think it's fine but TenTen is worried. I can see it in her eyes."

I noticed we were in a room now and the paralysis wore off. He sat me on the bed and I sat up.

"She never told me it does though," I said softly as I looked around seeing that we were not in my room. "Where are we?"

Neji froze stiff as he was fixed his hair. He then began again but his movements were strained.

"In my room," he said, his voice coming out monotonous.

I hummed as I looked at his back. I could see the outline of his muscles through his shirt and it made me blush. He caught me staring and I looked straight at the window located convienintly on the other side of the bed. He sighed and I looked up at him.

"You don't realize what you do, do you?" He asked me as he looked deep into my eyes.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion. I shook my head making him sigh. He kneeled down in front of me then gently kissed me. I was too shocked to do anything as he pulled back.

"She isn't the only one who worries about you, you know?" He asked.

I just looked at him in shock then a bright smile broke out on my face. He frowned in wonder and I leaned forwards connecting our lips together again. He kissed back instantly and gently wrapped his arms around my waist.

He moved us so he was on the bed and I sat in his lap. We pulled apart and he put our foreheads together with a gentle smile on his face.

"You have always been my life line Neji," I said softly. "Without you and the others I wouldn't have survived this far."

He smiled brighter and chuckled then brought 9ur lips together once more.

"You are the one thing that has kept me anchored down to Earth and not so full of myself," he said chuckling. "You are my own life line, Avaron and I love you for that."

"And I you," I said softly.

~Well...that turned out sappy but cute. Hope you enjoyed. X3

~Koneko

///^_\\\\*//

\\*////_^\\\