He'd Save Me - Haku - Hoe_Dont_Do_It_

Name: Rae

Looks: long wavy brown hair, green eyes, wears black skinny jeans and a grey sweat shirt, tattoo on the inside of wrist that says 'Bent, not Broken'

More Info: loves the snow, but gets cold easily, hyper, loves animals and people, can be shy at first, huge tom boy, loves to draw, write, and sing

Animal: female dog named Raven

This is one of my famous modern day one shots! Rae will be a year younger than Haku who will be 17 in this and Rae is owned by Hoe_Dont_ Do_It. Enjoy! X3

~

Little Rae rubbed her eyes as she clutched her little puppy Raven to her. The puppy began growling and Rae looked up to see a cute boy holding his hand out to her.

"Are you all right miss? I'm Haku."

Rae tilted her head to the side. Haku knelt down in front of her with a gentle smile. He took in her dark blue dress that was ripped in places and her dirty black leggings.

"Why don't you come with me?" He asked.

Rae smiled and with a nod they headed off together.

~

I shook my head.

"Are you all right Rae?" Haku asked.

I looked at him and nodded. He looked at me a bit worriedly but I smiled. He sighed and smiled back. I followed behind Haku silently as we walked.

"This way," Zabuza-san said suddenly as he changed direction again down a different street.

I sighed and patted the head of Raven. She had grown a lot and when she stood on her hind legs she was as tall as Zabuza, big enough for me to ride with Haku. Zabuza suddenly stopped and sighed.

"Rae," he said softly.

I looked at him as we stood in front of the alleyway.

"You guys go and do something while I do business," Zabuza said as he walked down the alley.

Haku and I nodded. He grabbed my hand then we headed to a store. We looked around and I found the book section. I began reading a book of poems. I started to realize Haku was no longer beside me. I ran through the small store to find Haku wasn't there at all.

He never left me by myself before and it made me very worried. I started to panic. If I couldn't find him then what happened? Did he get captured by someone? Did he go back to the hotel?

I ran out of the store and around town. I noticed Raven was missing as well. I started to get scared. This wasn't good. I was never a good fighter and always depended on Haku to save me all the time along with Raven. Without them I was powerless.

I ran down an alley and knocked into something. I fell down and looked up to see three big men. I gasped as I saw they had pistols in their pants.

"Aren't you a pretty girl," the one in front said.

I started to crawl backwards. He grabbed my leg though and gave me to his buddies who both each grabbed one of my arms. I whimpered at their harsh grips knowing my arms would bruise.

The leader grabbed my chin roughly making my jaw hurt. I looked at him seeing his mouth curl into a cruel smile.

"How would you like to play with us pretty girl?" He asked.

I spit in his face causing him to let go of my chin and stumble back.

"You BITCH!" He yelled at me.

"ROT IN HELL BASTARD!" I yelled at him.

He wiped his eyes with his sleeve then look at me in anger.

"Put her on the ground!" He barked.

Immediately my back was slammed on the ground knocking the wind out of me. I gasped and tried to struggl out of their grips but they held down my legs.

"I'll teach you some respect little bitch," the guys said as he undid his belt on his pants.

I looked at him in horror and tried to struggle. It was then a rock was thrown hitting the man in the shoulder. He screamed in pain and we looked to the side.

"Haku!" I yelled.

Haku shifted his gaze to me for a moment then glared at the guy.

"Let her go."

I shivered from Haku's voice. It was so hard, so cold, so scary. The guys laughed at Haku.

"Whom are you, little girl?" The leader asked.

Haku glared even harsher.

"One, that is my girl. Two, I am not a girl. Three, you don't know who you are messing with so I would leave, and I mean fast!" Haku said in a dark voice.

I had never even once seen this side of Haku. What did he mean by his girl though.

"You are the one that doesn't know who you are messing with kid!" The leader yelled.

He pulled a knife and ran at Haku.

"Close your eyes Rae," Haku demanded.

I nodded and did as he want immediately. He never wanted me to see what he was doing if it was bad. I felt the two guys tt thrown off me and screams of pain and agony. It made me shiver in fear at what was happening.

I felt Raven nuzzle my hand and I reached to her. She flipped me on her back and ran out of the alley. I heard Haku stop beside us and his arms lifted me from Raven's back.

"You can open your eyes now..." he said softly.

I hugged him and looked up into his eyes. I then looked back down and hurried my face in his chest.

"I'm sorry you had to come and save me again Haku," I muttered. "I just...didn't know what to do."

I felt Haku hug me to him and he put his chin on my head as he sighed. He gently pushed me away a bit and made me look at him.

"You don't have to say sorry Rae," he said with a gentle smile. "Things happen that can't be helped. I will come save you any time you need me. I promise that. You hear me?"

I blushed and nodded.

"All right..." I said with a soft smile.

His smile brightened and he kissed my forehead making me blush 20 shades of red. He looked down at me again and I smiled hugging him tightly.

"Thank you Haku..."

He smiled and hugged me back. He let go and I stood on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek making him blush darkly. I smiled and started walking with Raven next to me. He was adorable when he blushed.

I was happy not only because of that, but because I knew that anytime I needed him, I knew he'd come. He'd save me.

~Well, I hope you liked it. Tell me if you did even! See ya my kits! X3

~Koneko

///^_\\\\*//

\\*////_^\\