Chapter 88

(Y/n)'s POV

I dropped in, allowing the heavy aura of excitement and anticipation to wash over my body. Skaters cheered and whistled as I performed tricks in the ramp, attempting to exceed my own limits.

Hands fell on my waist from behind. I immediately swerved around, grabbing their arm only for them to pull me in close. Ryota smirked as we skated together before eventually slowing to a stop.

"Before you lay your hands on me, I suggest you think with your brain for once. Did you forget our beef? No laying your hands on me."
"Come on, princess. I only did as I was ordered," he reasoned.
"I don't give a damn about your orders. Right now, I hate your very existence."
"Too bad, darling. I'm the very best you're gonna get. Anyway, enough about this. You up for teaching me some tricks?"

He stalked forward until he was barely an inch away. I held a knife to his throat as he lifted a hand. A rueful smile broke out over his face before he dropped it. His eyes gazed into my own, a fiery blaze of challenges and feuds.

"I don't think she wants you to touch her."

We turned towards the sound of the voice. Langa stood just a few metres away, pointedly looking at the knife I had pressed against Ryota's throat. Ryota snuck a hand around my waist but I immediately flipped him onto his back, earning a good grunt from the male.

"Don't touch me. I'm annoyed and I still haven't forgiven you."
"Princess-"

I walked off, pushing past Langa, who followed me after some hesitation. I eyed the male though he made no move to disappear. He watched as I hid the knife and slumped down under the shade of a ramp.

Neither of us spoke for a while, each too preoccupied with our own poisonous problems. Cheers and taunts erupted around us though I paid no mind to them. The air was a concoction of tension and pain waiting to explode.

"Did you two have a fight?" Langa finally asked.
"We did."
"What did he do?"
"He was just being an annoying jerk, but are you sure you should be here?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're dating Ayaka. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea now, would we?"

A smirk graced my face as I stalked closer, pushing him against the wall. His heart was pounding beneath my hand. What surprised me more, however, was the fact that he made no effort to distance himself from me.

"You're not going to resist me?"
"Miya came to see me. He asked if I really believed that you killed your own brother," he said.
"And why wouldn't you believe me?"
"He said there was more to the story."
"Ne, I can just as easily seduce you again so think twice before you start questioning my words."
"Why...would you bother warning me?"

Before I could come up with a suitable reply, someone pulled me away. Pain blossomed in my cheek, a dull throbbing sensation. Ayaka stood there, rage and fury seething behind her eyes. Ruka had most likely pulled some strings to gain her entrance into S.

I let her push me, corner me. If I showed no resistance, she would lose her fun. She slapped me again, yelling at me to stay away from her new boyfriend. Langa looked torn between helping me or letting her continue.

"Oi, look! Someone's bullying Rose!"
"Don't touch her! Leave Rose alone!"
"Who does she think she is?!"

A small smile spread over my face. I held out a hand, stopping my fans before they could do some serious damage to Ayaka. Joe suddenly came and placed a hand on her shoulder, his grip tight.

"(Y/n) has plenty of fans who'd been willing to kill for her. I suggest you let this go," he warned quietly.

She angrily shook his hand off and dragged Langa away. I batted Joe's hand, keeping him from inspecting the small trail of blood oozing from the corner of my lips. Concern gathered in his gaze.

"I'm fine."
"You know, you don't have to shoulder everything alone," he exclaimed.
"I'm not dragging you guys into my problems."
"Then are you willing to stomp over our feelings?"

I glared at him, knowing his intentions were only due to his concern; however, I wasn't willing to implicate them further by having them stand in between Ruka, Ayaka and Langa.

Joe took a few steps forward until he was only a mere inch away. I looked up, unwilling to back down despite his attempt at intimidation and unrelenting effort. I crossed my arms, daring him to do something,

"I challenge you to a beef. If I win, you tell me exactly what's going on and let me help," he exclaimed.
"And if I win?"
"I won't ask about this again, not even to help."
"I'm surprised you of all people are challenging me."
"Desperate times call for desperate measures, darling."

Ryota's POV

The crowds made bets as (Y/n) and Joe stood before the starting line. As soon as the lights flashed green, the two were off within the blink of an eye. They were both serious about this beef, incredibly so, making me wonder exactly what kind of bet the two had made.

(Y/n) grabbed onto a large rock and flung herself over, landing effortlessly in front of Joe. No wonder people loved her. Her style was vastly different from those typically seen in skaters, not to mention her cool charisma.

Joe immediately sped up, pushing off a wall with his leg to accelerate even further, attesting to his immense power and strength. And (Y/n) was keeping up with this six-pack skater.

I let out a low whistle, glad that I was dating - or hooking up - with this girl, even if it was as fake as my mother's love. A searing gaze pierced my side before I turned to face (Y/n)'s 'would be' boyfriend.

"Hey pretty boy, did I do something to offend you?"
"Do you really love (Y/n)?" asked Ayaka's boyfriend.
"Hmm I wonder about that. I love that she's mine if that answers your question."
"Does she feel that way about you?"
"*laughs* Of course she does. No one else can make her want as much as I do."