smoker request: pt 1

smoker (34) x hunter/mercenary ! male (34)
☁️
warnings: none
requested: @wagnerreborn00

a navy ship was sailing the sea, having marines be a lookout. they were transporting an ancient treasure that could make devil fruit users swim. they didn't know it existed until recently, they did everything they could to get it. not wanting it to fall into a pirates hand.

the world noble's had wanted this treasure for themselves.

what the marines didn't expect was a group of stealthy pirates that hid in the darkness. they jumped on board, easily over powering the marines and stealing every last treasure before disappearing to their ship.

"FIND THEM!" an admiral shouted, but there was no trace of them. "the world noble's will have my head..."

the pirates all laughed, drinking booze as they raided the treasure. their ship taking them to an island filled with buyers, pirates, smugglers, mercenaries, any type of criminal you can name, they are there on that island.

crim island, that's what it was called.

smoker was called to the office, he knocked, respectfully waiting for sengoku to give him the orders to come in. and when he heard it, he walked in.

two cigars in his mouth as smoke began to fill the office. "sir?" he raised a brow, his hands behind his back.

"crim island." sengoku said, getting up. "that gem that the noble's wanted was taken from us on its transportation. we found it was taken to crim island. i need you to go there under disguise, we have a ship prepared for you, your disguise and your new identity. you will be taken to the new world, alone. can you handle it?"

"yes sir."

smoker left sengoku's office. he sighed a bit, he felt like this trip would be more than to retrieve the gem and go under disguise. but he shook the feeling off, he would get in and get out.

simple.

after a few days he began to arrive. his measly small ship about 100 feet away. he took his cigars out, putting them out and throwing them away on the ship he had. he put on his disguise, putting on an extra cloak and put his hood on.

his ship hit the sand, he docked and hopped off. he kept a low profile, looking around as there were many wanted people. it would be easy for him to arrest these people with his devil fruit, but he wasn't here for that.

he turned his head away from a bar fight, criminals using every type of weapon they could get their hands on. even though he itched to get rid of them.

each corner he turned was a new criminal there, shouting at someone or something. he would continue to walk through without any problems, or draw attention to himself.

i guess fleet admiral sengoku forgot to tell me this place was for criminals. i suppose i'll have to ask around.

he walked towards a female, catching her attention the closer he got. she had a scar going down her nose to her lips. she smirked.

"hey there handsome." she said, leaning on her hands, "what brings you to this part of the new world?"

"i'm looking for a special gem that came here a few days ago."

"no drink?" she frowned, "well, alright. but i ain't got what you want." she drank her last bit of alcohol, "i've only just arrived yesterday. you can ask a man that makes the alcohol for this island. his name is cajin. he knows everything that arrives here and leaves."

"thank you." he nodded.

he assumed it was the giant building called 'alcohol making' since it was the only one like that. he walked in, hearing a bunch of shouting. a man yelling at his workers to make the alcohol right.