buggy request:

buggy (39) x male (36)
☁️
warnings: none
requested: @acemeyomey346

⚠️slight spoilers of the beginning cross guild⚠️

m/n owed a great debt to crocodile.

m/n first met crocodile when he was in his teenager years, at those times crocodile was about his late 20s. m/n was just starting out at being an assassin.

his first head was crocodile, and even m/n knew he wouldn't be able to do that. he had stared and grimaced, he was a warlord and someone with a devil fruit. but the agency would kill him if he refused or failed.

either way, he was going to die. he might as well die by the hands of someone cool, hopefully he was someone who'd kill him quick. (probably not).

when m/n did get there, his plan had actually almost worked. he figured he could use some water to stop his sand, yet still failed. but crocodile had spared him, thinking he could use m/n's skills and intelligence.

crocodile gave m/n the name ' shadow zero' for transponder snails and bloodied work. he didn't have a partner, but if one of his boraque's failed, he'd send m/n to finish the job. and he always got it done.

so now fast forward to the start of the cross guild.

crocodile and mihawk sitting on the couch with intimidating postures as buggy cried for his life. his head severed as he continued to plea for his life and state he had no idea that would happen.

crocodile's hook traced buggy's chin as mihawk just watched. crocodile didn't exactly hurt him or kill him, no matter how badly he wanted.

"i would kill you, but i do have someone coming for that." crocodile smirked, his cigar loosely hung from his mouth.

there was footsteps coming from the dark hallway. crocodile smirked, knowing who it was, but the hall was long so it'd be about a minute.

buggy cried more, still screaming for his life. mihawk raised a brow at him, having a small thoughtful look cross his usual blank expression. this small amount of time -that's considered mercy in the moment for buggy- gave mihawk an idea.

"maybe it's not so bad letting buggy be the face." mihawk hummed, catching both of their attentions. "they'll go after him more and we can lay low."

crocodile thought about it, dropping buggy's head and putting his feet on it. using buggy's head as a footrest.

"yes, that'll work." crocodile looked to the hall, seeing m/n now leaning against the door with arms crossed. "i do apologize shadow zero, it seems i've call you for nothing."

buggy looked up, still with tears in his eyes. this time more grateful than pity. his eyes widened briefly at seeing m/n, he hadn't really expected the infamous zero to be so... good looking. even with buggy's body not being attached to him, he could feel his heart beat rapidly.

m/n blinked, "well then, i'll just go back to what i was doing before."

m/n turned, going to walk away. buggy knew he had no right telling m/n to stay or join, but he couldn't control his mouth.

"we could always use the extra help!" buggy yelled out, feeling more pressure on his head and wincing. "wouldn't it be great to work with your former boss again-"