penguin request:

penguin (26) x bubbly ! male ! reader (26)
☁️
warnings: none
requested: @ONDYBO

m/n had only recently joined the heart pirates, turns out law had actually knew m/n from along time ago. they didn't necessarily say how they knew each other, but they had an unspoken past.

when penguin first saw m/n, his whole world was flipped upside down.

he didn't know someone could be that ethereal. the gentle smile, the twinkle in his e/c eyes, his h/c hair flowing through the wind and his s/c made everything about him pop. m/n had a pull to him like no other, he was drawn to m/n fairly quickly.

like a moth to a flame, only this time the flame doesn't hurt or kill.

"hello, i'm m/n! i'm glad to be a heart pirate now." m/n had introduced himself, hands behind his back, slightly leaning forward and smiling brightly.

everyone had easily welcomed the new addition to their crew, introducing themselves and getting to know m/n.

except for penguin.

penguin's bright eyes never left m/n, his mouth was ran dry from not being able to speak and his cheeks had a small blush to them. penguin lowered his hat more over his face, hoping to not be noticed.

his best buddy shachi noticed, a grin on his lips. he elbowed penguin, causing the male to slap his hand away. he did not want to draw attention to himself, but that didn't work.

"what's your name? i'm m/n, but i hope you already knew that."

m/n slightly dipped his head to get into penguin's field of vision. the pirate jumped back, feeling very hot in his usual white jumpsuit. his blush deepened and m/n blinked at him confusedly.

penguin's heart began to beat rapidly. he couldn't quite understand this feeling, he'd always been the type to go after girls or swoon over them, but something struck him with m/n.

shachi slapped the back of penguin's head, pulling him away from his thoughts. he stumbled forward, slightly hitting m/n, but the male only kept him steady.

penguin took a deep breath, trying not to sound squeamish or stutter-y.

"penguin." his usual deep tone sounded like a girl, he cleared his throat. "penguin, that's my name." he said normally.

shachi was cackling in the background, walking in the submarine to leave the two alone. m/n smiled at him, scooting back a bit and looking up at penguin.

"just thought penguin on your hat meant it's your favorite animal." m/n stated.

penguin covered his hat a bit, his neck creeping up in red. he doesn't know why he was so embarrassed, maybe it was because m/n had already wiggled his way into penguin's heart.... in a matter of SECONDS.

"seems that way, huh?" penguin composed himself, lowering his hands.

m/n nodded, "penguins are cute though, so it makes sense."

penguin knew m/n was talking about the animals, but hearing his name leave m/n's mouth, along with the word 'cute' his heart went pitter patter.

"yes... cute creatures." penguin said, titling his head up briefly so his eyes were shown slightly.

m/n's mouth parted slightly, not expecting that to happen. he heard from law that penguin kept his eyes hooded, not many people knew his eye color was a golden like brown.

now m/n had the chance to see it in a matter of seconds, and it made his heart feel warm inside.

"pretty." m/n muttered underneath his breath.