chopper request:

chopper (9-17) ! x big ! brother ! male ! reader (12-20)
☁️
warnings: none
requested by: @icepengu

⚠️chopper was around age 9 when he was shunned/had his devil fruit that is why it starts so early in his age slight chopper past spoilers⚠️

when m/n first met chopper, the young boy had ran away from his home. he wanted to get away for a bit, his parents were constantly arguing, one even blamed m/n. so, he decided to run through the cold snow, finding that warmer than being near his parents.

he stumbled across a shivering animal. upon closer inspection, the animal looked to be a reindeer, so m/n was confused on why it was shivering.

the boy slowly walked closer, hoping to not scare off the reindeer. but the snow beneath his feet made a small like pattering noise, alerting the animal.

the reindeer quickly got up, causing m/n to flinch in surprise. he noticed the reindeer had a blue nose, but the eyes were filled with fear and sadness. the reindeer wasn't shivering from cold, but from loneliness.

the reindeer began to run off, once more m/n was caught off guard.

"hey-wait! i won't hurt you!" he began to run after the scared animal.

the cold was starting to get to m/n, even with all the layered clothing he felt like his body was freezing over.

m/n stumbled, falling more into the snow. he was too busy trying to run from his parents that he forgot to wear the proper clothing for the snow. he was basically were multiple layers of thin everyday wear.

m/n's breath seemed to freeze in him as it grew harder to stay alive. his eyes were slowly closing, his vision blurry. he looked to see something coming at him, but he couldn't fight it and he fell into darkness.

it was the bleak black that m/n could see, it was so tiring and m/n didn't feel like waking up. but he felt warm, like a fire was tickling his face and a fur like blanket was draped over him.

m/n's eyes furrowed and he slowly opened his eyes, seeing he was in a cave. his body right next to the crackling fire, he could feel bits of ash lingering on his cheeks and nose.

m/n sneezed slightly, feeling a slight shift on top of him. he rotated his head down and saw that same reindeer near him cuddled up to him. that's what made him warm.

the reindeer was his blanket.

the reindeer looked at him, once realizing he was awake the reindeer quickly got off of him and went to the other side of the cave.

m/n shivered, feeling slightly cold again. the fire wasn't enough, but he wasn't going to grab the reindeer and force him to lay on him.

"thank you for saving me." m/n said softly, scooting closer to the fire and putting his hands out to warm up. "would've died without you."

m/n smiled, his cheeks still red from the cold. his nose was no longer red, so that was a good sign. he looked out to see a giant snow storm, he shivered.

"must be nice having a fur coat." m/n sneezed again, feeling light headed, "i'm... so cold."

m/n fell back, panting a bit, he slowly passed out again.

the next time m/n woke up, his vision was still slightly blurry as he felt like he was hallucinating. he was being carried in the snow storm by a hairy giant man with a blue nose. but he closed his eyes again.

he may have been slightly cold, but he felt warm from the giant man practically shielding him from most of the cold.

chopper looked down to see m/n shaking form the cold, but he was still passed out. he finally made it to the tree top he lives with doctor hiriluk.