chopper request:

chopper x big ! brother ! reader
☁️☁️
warnings: none
requested by: @mac_n_cheese5

⚠️slight thriller bark spoilers⚠️

when chopper first met m/n, he was scared out of his fur. m/n had looked blankly, having been pulled from the warmth of his ship to a very cold place was no fun.

so m/n had been in a sour mood.

but as time went on, he saw the way m/n smiled with the crew. so, chopper decided he could warm up to m/n and get close to him.

chopper was successful, m/n had given him a bright smile. he patted his hat and apologized for the behavior he had when they first meet.

so, now they spend almost every second of the day with each other. chopper felt well taken care of with m/n around, felt like he could talk about anything and m/n would just listen.

or, they would nap together. just as they were doing right now.

m/n was practically napping on zoro's shoulder. the two had argued about something insignificant. (guns and swords, m/n doesn't use guns he just thought it was funny to rile up zoro and say guns were better). then the two passed out practically on top of each other.

they weren't even cuddling, it was just sprawled out. if they were sharing a blanket, they would've been pulling the blanket in their sleep.

but they had chopper.

chopper was peacefully sleeping, his body used to being pulled in between the two so he didn't wake up. he found a sense of comfort from their actions.

m/n pulled chopper into his chest, arms wrapping around him as he turned over. smirking in his sleep, zoro couldn't snatch chopper back. instead, he got a smack to his head. zoro snored with his arm over m/n's face, but neither woke up.

that's usually how their naps went.

most days chopper would be in his little office and mix herbs for medicines. he would read his books and hum as the reindeer would figure out new possible ways to provide for his crew.

m/n would sit in a chair near him, making sure he stayed out of chopper's way. he didn't want to be kicked out or have chopper feel overwhelmed.

he would either read a book or maintain a small conversation. only when chopper initiated it, he didn't want to distract chopper either. so when chopper felt like he could speak, he would and always laugh and smile when m/n would respond.

right now, m/n was reading a book. robin recommended it to him, it was such a twisted story with dark humor and m/n loved it. sometimes he would chuckle or give out a small giggle from the dark jokes. and when chopper asked what was funny, he wouldn't say. he didn't want to taint chopper's innocent little mind.

not after everything he went through. and especially not after he freaked out chopper in the beginning. the poor reindeer was scared of him for awhile, so it was only right he doesn't show a reason to be scared of him.

"hey m/n, can you help me?" chopper asked.

m/n looked up from his book and hummed. chopper pointed upwards. m/n chuckled, closing his book and getting up.

"can't you turn into your human form and get it?"

m/n teased playfully, walking towards the shelf.

"i could, but you're here. saves me a transformation."

m/n laughed, reaching upwards and grabbing a jar.

"not that one." chopper said, m/n moved his hand over, "no." once more m/n touched something else, "nope... nada... nah... nuh uh... how do you not know what i'm looking for?"