Episode 1.1 - In A War Of Wills

Fuming, Jorah looked at the stack of papers sitting by his front door. This was ridiculous, even by Tanner's standards.

For a whole week, a torrent of scripts endlessly flooded his apartment, multiplying no matter how many he destroyed.

He was sure this counted as some form of harassment and he could probably sue.

By the sheer volume of deliveries, the claim of losing them or not getting them at all was made moot.

Jorah could almost see Tanner's smug expression.

"Stubborn bastard," he grumbled as he ran his fingers through his dark hair. Tanner had called him that more times than he could count. Maybe he needed a mirror to see who the stubborn one really was.

At this point, two things were crystal clear: there was no escaping this audition, and it was a battle of stubborn wills.

Amid his frustration, somewhere between anger and helplessness, Jorah realized that a change in strategy was not only necessary, it was inevitable. He couldn't beat Tanner at this game, so he would sidestep the board altogether.

"Fine," he'd said aloud . "You want me to play? I'll play." But his rules would be different. If he could not escape the audition, he'd ensure his performance would be unforgettable—in a way they didn't expect."

Today was the day.

His plan was foolproof. The studio needed him to audition, fine, he would. If he didn't land the part, well, that was out of his control, wasn't it? A smug grin unfurled.

"Brilliant," he muttered to himself, relishing the taste of victory. He could already imagine the conversation with Tanner afterward. Of course since he'd done as asked, Tanner would have no reason not to put in a good word for that other project

Jorah checked his reflection in the rearview mirror. In his brown eyes there was steely resolve. There was no going back.

He glanced at his watch: 8 am. There were thirty minutes left before he had to get this farce on the road.

A sudden trill from his phone pierced Jorah's musings."

"Hello?" His voice was steady, cool

"Please tell me you're on your way to the audition." Tanner opened the conversation.

"What do you want Tanner?" growled, his annoyance thinly veiled. His thumb hovered over the 'end' button, ready to cut their chat short if he needed to.

He peered through his car's heavily tinted windows. It would soon be time for him to step on a stage he had no desire to grace. He glanced at the script on the passenger seat. He knew every line, not out of dedication, but as a necessary prelude to failure.

His plan was a delicate dance between defiance and compliance.It was the only thing keeping him from turning the car around and speeding away from this mockery of his aspirations.

"You didn't answer my question,"

"Did you ask a question?" Jorah parried.

"Alright alright," Tanner grunted, resignation laced with command "Just give it your best." A warning lingered in his voice, "And don't try any funny business."

Jorah smirked "I wouldn't dream of it," his tone a blended sarcasm and sincerity.

He ended the call and pocketed the phone, before alighting from his car.

With a sharp exhale, Jorah's gaze lifted to the building. Sunlight glinted off the glass facade, a taunting beacon for all those who entered with hope shimmering in their eyes.There was no hope no hope in his eyes however, just calculated coldness