Episode 2.2 : I Want To Be On Top!

"Couldn't you have atleast dressed up a little bit?" Tanner eyed Jorah's casual outfit gave Jorah the once over. "You know, first impressions and all that."

He was only met with a shrug.

Jorah wore a simple, well-worn graphic tee paired with dark jeans and a pair of scuffed sneakers. Over the tee, was a faded denim jacket. His hair was tousled, and he wore no accessories except for a watch with a worn leather band.

"Who cares what I look like?" Jorah retorted, "Let's just get this over with."

"Keep cool kid, we're here to talk," Tanner cautioned.

The receptionist looked up as they approached, her smile practiced and perfectly polite. "Mr. Jindaya, Mr. Cho," she greeted the duo. "They're ready for you in the main conference room."

"Thanks," Jorah replied curtly sans smile.He followed her pointed direction, not waiting for Tanner, who trailed behind with a sigh giving the receptionist a wistful look as he passed by.

Jorah's entrance cut through the buzz of the meeting room like a knife. Heads turned, eyes alighting with recognition and delight as they fell upon him. The director stood up first, tp shake hands.

"So glad you could make it," he shook Jorah's hand enthusiastically.A strange thing to say since the meeting had been convened on Jorah's insistence.

"Let's hope it's worth both of our time," Jorah responded coolly.A few glances were exchanged among the people sitting at the table while Tanner's hand briefly came down on his shoulder..

The man cleared his throat and invited the pair to take a seat.

"Uhm..we're still waiting for Nine and his team." The Director pointed out the obvious. Jorah had intentionally arrived late and he still had to wait on that guy? Looking at Tanner, he caught a shadow of a smile.

After waiting an additional 30 minutes, Nine arrived with two other men in tow.

"Nice of you to join us," Jorah greeted the pair.

The man in Nine's company shot Jorah a sour look. "Sorry we're late." he addressed the Director. "Nine's last engagement ran a little bit behind and there was a situation with the fans."

Jorah looked at Nine. It was his first time seeing him since their audition. He seemed to have grown more charismatic at a glance.

"Now that we're all here, we can get started." The Director began "Before we begin. For those of us who don't know each other, I'll do quick introductions. I'm Jonah Meade, director of 'The Protector'. Starting from my left, you have the two main producers, the two main screenwriters and the casting director." Each person waved, nodded or smiled when they were introduced. We also have Jorah Jindaya, who has been cast as the main lead Landon. With him is his manager, Tanner Cho. And with Nine, who has been cast as the other main lead, we have his manager, Chunyeol Kim."

Jonah continued to hold the floor. "We're here on the request of Jorah and his team." He smiled. "Let me just say. It's so good to see you both again. Congratulations. I'm looking forward to working with you both."

Jonah looked at Jorah, "You said you wanted to discuss some things about the project?"

Tanner gave Jorah the side eye. Before the meeting he had been thoroughly warned. In fact, when he said he wanted to meet with the creators of the series, Tanner had insisted on coming along.

There were certain conditions he had to abide by.Chief among them was not being allowed to mention that he didn't want to be a part of this project.He was sure Tanner had tagged along to ensure he didn't break his word.