Episode 7 - The Formula

"What is the best formula to make a series successful?" The question was thrown out to everyone in the room. The announcement had been made. The series would continue with an angel investor. Everyone was relieved but the pressure was now also on.

At the Director's request, they were brainstorming, putting many minds together to find a sure fire way to make the project a success. It was the only condition that Jorah had---make this series a success no matter what.

Gage spoke. "An attractive cast."

There was no denying that. People liked to see good-looking people on their screens. It was also an area they already had covered, the main cast of the series was a very handsome bunch.

Jorah rolled his eyes at Gage's response. What a narcissist.

Norris raised his hand. "I- I think it should have a great story," he offered. "I've watched a few series with good looking people and terrible stories." He glanced at Gage.

A few people nodded in agreement.

"A great story. I think we have a great story." The Director replied.

"A great soundtrack." someone else offered.

"Ahh..Right." The Director nodded, making a note on the whiteboard behind him. "Speaking of..I think it's safe to announce that Nine will be singing a few tracks from the OST." There was applause.

Norris raised his hand again. "A strong ship." Everyone looked at Nine and Jorah. "When a series has a really strong ship, that fandom can help the series to be successful. " Norris explained. "Even long after the series ends, there is still a strong public interest."

Those familiar with the industry nodded. This was an indisputable fact. If the ship was particularly strong, the leads would be cast over and over to star in other projects together.

There was a sort of elephant in the room on this topic because while they knew their leads had a spark between them, they were also wary of the fact that this spark could go south and burn them all to death.

"Jorah and Nine have great chemistry." Norris declared. "I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but there have been quite a number of fan accounts that have been popping up lately surrounding them." When a few people gave him odd looks, Norris blushed a little.

Gage's jaws tightened as Nine and Jorah exchanged glances.

"Right. That may be so but uh..I'm not sure how far we will be able to run with that, all things considered. So we will focus on the other elements."

The meeting continued with other suggestions concerning what made a series truly unforgettable.

Comedy. Action .Plot twists. Beautiful locations .Memorable wardrobe. Unique characters.

Their script was already done and most people agreed that there were not many changes to be made in that regard. For razzle dazzle they considered adding some special scenes, something on a yacht or a chopper.

At the conclusion of the meeting, it was also announced that in an attempt to get everyone recharged and refocused, shooting would be suspended for the remainder of the week.

As they were leaving, Gage caught up to Nine. Jorah was a few paces behind.

"Things turned out pretty lucky this time it seems with this angel investor."

Nine nodded. "Yeah. It would have been too bad to stop. Everyone put in a lot of work."

"Right." he agreed "And it's fun to finally work with you again."