Episode 18.1-The End Of Their Story

Jade parked his car at the Eren family home at an alarming speed.

"Where is he?" he pouted.

It took a whole 10 minutes for Avalon to pull in, parking his car beside Jade's. Jade's face immediately lit up.

"You still can't drive as fast as I can." he teased Avalon as he alighted from his car and took his shades off.

Avalon alighted from his car and looked at Jade "I wasn't trying to race," he told him. "You should drive carefully. What if one day you have an accident?"

Jade quickly found his most winning smile and followed up with a quick pout "You're like an old man Avalon. You should loosen up and have some fun."

Avalon looked at him "Right...I'm an old man."

The pair walked side by side up to the Eren Mansion. After all that time with no contact, they had finally been summoned by the heir himself.

Jade for one, knew he was going to give Jorah an earful when he saw him. Not even the residual guilt he felt about some things would be able to absolve him for not contacting his best friends for 6 whole months.

An official update on Jorah had been given when his family released a statement but it had been paper-thin.

As one of his closest friends,Jade was particularly grieved. There was no way he should receive information in the same manner as the common man. It was simply unacceptable.

"We haven't been here in a while." Jade commented as they approached the doors.

"Right." Avalon agreed.

"It's strange that he asked us to meet him here." Jade commented. To this, Avalon had nothing to say. He was sure Jorah had his reasons.

"Do you think it's because his father isn't around?" Jade speculated. "You know that they didn't get along...now that he's.."

"Who knows." Avalon interjected. "I guess we will know soon enough."

Jade offered no further comments on the matter.

The two were allowed entry into the grand home. Being in a place like this, you were immediately overwhelmed by the sheer wealth of the Erens.

Jade and Avalon were led to Jorah who was lounging by the poolside.

As they approached, Jorah turned to look at them.

"You're finally here." he said after glancing at them once.

"That's it?" Jade asked as he rushed forward and began to rain slaps on Jorah's bare shoulder.

"Hey! Ow! What---Jade.." Jorah was shocked by this sudden assault.

"You're unbelievable!" Jade continued to slap despite Jorah's attempt to dodge amid his protests. "You just disappeared. You didn't even say anything..Do you know how much we looked for you..You disappear for months! Months! You don't even tell your best friends where you are and then you suddenly call us out of nowhere and the best you have for us is..'you're finally here?' " his grievances continued to spill while he slapped.

"Jade ow! Stop. Are you trying to put me back in the hospital?"

It was here that Jade pulled him in , hooking his chin over his shoulder as he held him in his arms. He choked back a sob.

He hugged Jorah so tightly his breath was almost cut off. Avalon and Jorah exchanged glances.

Good or bad, in terms of emotional ranking , Jade certainly had the edge on the other two.