Episode 7.2- To Strong Ships

Norris adjusted his blazer and surveyed the room, feeling a bit out of place amid the restaurant's opulence. Chez Maria's was as grand as Jorah had described, with its soft music, low lighting, and crystal chandeliers.

Checking his watch, he was comforted knowing that the others would be arriving soon. Jorah's text had been clear: "Chez Maria's. 1659 St. Claire Boulevard. 6pm Sharp. Reservation under my name. Don't be late or else!" He had made sure to arrive 20 minutes early, not wanting to incur Jorah's ire.

As he waited, Norris felt increasingly out of place. The VIP section, with its lavish decor and the air of affluence, made him feel like a fish out of water. He caught glimpses of other diners who seemed worlds apart from his usual circles.

While he waited, he kept glancing around, half expecting someone to eject him from this world of fanfare and finery where he didn't belong. Yet no such thing happened. Someone came to pour his water with the most elegance he'd ever seen before leaving.

Through his glances, he spotted a few faces he'd only seen on tv before today. He was most relieved, however, when he finally saw a familiar, albeit unfriendly, face.

When Gage arrived, Norris was glad he would not be alone anymore.

"Hi." Norris greeted him with a warm smile.

"You're here." Gage looked at him with indifference while the staff came and attended to him.

"Yes." Norris replied, ignoring the frost in his Gage's tone. "I arrived a little while ago."

"Where is Nine?" he asked.

"Not here yet." Norris informed him. "I was the first to get here."

Gage nodded.

The vibe of the restaurant was nice but the atmosphere at this particular table was quite awkward. Though they were love interests in the series, their relationship off screen was in tatters.

So far, all his efforts to befriend him had failed..

Norris looked around. "This is my first time coming here. This is a nice place."

Gage continued to look at his menu and the awkward silence blanketed the table once more.

With silence between them, Norris could only observe the room again. His eyes fell on gage. He looked like the kind of person who fit in at a place like this.he was both handsome and well dressed. His brows were pulled together as he scrutinized the menu.

Norris chuckled and Gage looked at him with a scowl. Seeing his expression, Norris chortled, trying desperately to regain his composure.

"What's so funny?" Gage snapped.

"You." Norris replied, still giggling.

"Me?" Gage repeated

"Mhmm." Norris replied, breaking into a new fit of giggles. "Mm. No. Sorry. It's just your face. You look so grumpy and serious." Gage was taken aback."I was looking at you while you were reading the menu and your brows squeezed together this like." Norris exerted effort into squeezing his brows together by sheer power of will, making him look quite funny.

Seeing this display Gage laughed and just as quickly stopped himself.

"Wha--that's ridiculous."

"Really." Norris tried to prove his case. "And then that little beauty mark that's usually hidden in your right brow begins to pop out going 'here I am' ".Norris' facial muscles strained to contort.

Despite his best efforts to refrain, an amused smile pulled on Gage's lips. "That's a lie."

"No. Honestly." Norris said. "I should have taken your picture for you to see it."