Episode 8.2 - Is It Your First Time?

Norris glanced nervously around the set, twisting his hands together. He paced with his script in hand, taking steadying breaths.

He looked at the script again with its highlighted portions. He knew all the lines and cues yet he was battling the overwhelming desire to throw up.

"Please...just let it go well," Norris muttered under his breath, glancing across the room at Gage, who was casually sipping from his cup.

Norris' heart sank as he imagined the myriad of things that could go wrong.

"To the set please." The staff's voice boomed through the set, snapping Norris out of his thoughts.

Handing their scripts to the staff, Gage and Norris walked to the set. Gage sat beside him on the couch, exuding an air of confidence. Norris looked down, biting his lip to keep his nerves in check.

Scene 12/8. Shot 1. Take 1.

Clapper board

"And Action!"

The Protector: The Series

Nuea reached over and tickled his boyfriend. Chase squirmed, laughter bubbling out. "Stop," he giggled.

"I won't." Nuea continued to tickle. "Make me."

As his boyfriend tickled him, Chase's laughter increased. "Oh yeah? Fine!" With a swift movement, he pushed his boyfriend backward on the couch.

Nuea's back rested against the arm of the sofa, the pair locked eyes and their laughter subsided.

As they looked into each other's eyes, the cameraman approached for the closeup.

Nuea gently brushed his hand against Chase's cheek.

This was the cue, Norris' heart pounded in his chest as he leaned forward and gently pressed his lips on to Nine's.

As their lips touched, Norris was content to pull back when Gage suddenly clasped his neck, pulling him in for a deeper kiss.

Norris' body stiffened as the kiss intensified. His lips twisted awkwardly as his breathes became nervous gasps.

After what felt like an eternity, Gage pulled back, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Cut!" The director's voice rang out.

Gage looked at Norris. "What the hell"

Norris' face turned crimson.

"What's the matter?" The Director asked.

"Didn't you see for yourself?" Gage countered incredulously.

Seeing the uncomfortable look on the Director's face, Norris' embarrassment deepened. He knew this would happen.

"Let's...uh..try again." The Director said.

Norris nodded reluctantly knowing he had no choice. In the world of acting, there were some things you could get done in one take, at other times, it could take quite a few tries to perfect. How he wished this was one of those one take situations. He didn't want to kiss again under these many eyes.

"Let's do this right." Gage scolded Norris.

He took a deep breath, waiting for the shot to be marked.

"Let's pick up from the kiss!" The Director announced.

The scene rolled and Norris got into position on top of Gage to make another attempt.

After their fifth take Gage's frustration was at its peak.

"What are you doing?!" Gage exploded. "Can you do this properly? How many times do I have to kiss you?" He frowned. "Honestly, if you're not going to do your job, just quit!"