Episode 11.1 - Unexpected You

It was over. Just like that, their time in paradise had come to an end.

As the vessel cut through the pristine waters back to the mainland, the faces of excitement on the trip to the island were now replaced with weary, even melancholy countenances. Having an early cast-off after a night of partying certainly did not help the atmosphere.

Norris, still recovering from his fever, was wrapped in a blanket with his head leaned on Jorah's shoulder who would occasionally comfort him

Gage sat on the opposite side. By outward appearances, he was engrossed with his phone, but a keen eye would not miss his frequent glances at Norris.

Asion managed to secure a ride back with the cast and was, as expected, sitting with Nine. Whatever antics they found themselves up to, Jorah did not want to know so he kept his eyes everywhere but on them. His experience on that island had been bizarre, complicated, illuminating. As they traveled, he ruminated on Jade's words. "There's nothing wrong with how you feel about him."

Jorah bit the inside of his lip, deep in thought. What should he do about this? Maybe he didn't need to do anything but endure. Being in this environment, working closely with Nine, living with him—it wasn't far-fetched to imagine that under these circumstances even he could be shaken. Nine was a very attractive person, and though Jorah had never looked at a man with this kind of desire before, seeing that it was him, he was sure he could be excused.

They would finish shooting soon, and after that, it would be over for a little while. He could get his head right then. The thought of going back to Nine's made him uneasy. He pretended not to remember what happened between them, but how long would that hold up? What if it happened again? It was way too risky.

When they docked, they were met with a barrage of cameras and screaming fans. For three days he'd forgotten about this circus. Still gripping Norris by the shoulder, he dipped his head, ushering them forward with urgency to the waiting vehicles. He barely caught a glimpse of Nine, who was taken to a separate car.

"How are you feeling?" Jorah asked Norris as their car pulled away.

"Better." he replied.

"Good."

"Thanks" Norris smiled at him.

"Mn." Jorah nodded. "The staff will take you to your house so you can get some rest."

Norris agreed. After dropping Norris off, Jorah did not head back to Nine's, opting to return to his penthouse instead. As he walked around he was once more reminded of the stark difference between his place and Nine's.

He was about to head to the shower when his phone rang.

"Zhu.." he picked up the call from his only sibling.

[Jorah. Is everything ok?]

At the unexpected question he made a face. "Yes. Everything's fine. What's the matter?" Even on the phone, Jorah could hear the relief in Zhuzhi's voice. "What's the matter Zhu?" he asked.

[Nothing.] she replied. [Can't I call to check on my big brother? I missed you.]

"You can" Jorah agreed "But we both know that's not what this is, so spit it out."

[Fine.] she sighed. [I just wanted to make sure you were ok. I heard father on the phone. He sounded like he was up to something?]

"Up to what?" Jorah queried.

[I don't know. But I know it had something to do with you.] Jorah frowned. That old snake was really relentless. [So I just called to make sure nothing happened.]