Episode 9.3 A New Phase

Jorah was grateful he and Nine would be shooting with other people for the next few days. He wasn't sure how he would have survived if he had to shoot more intimate scenes with him so soon after their first onscreen kiss.

Every time he saw Nine, Jorah remembered what he did that night, taking with it a fresh wave of discomfort and desire.

Being around Nine was equal parts difficult and exciting. He stole glances at him on set but avoided him when they were alone together at home.

As soon as his feet crossed the threshold at the penthouse, his coughs and sniffles would emerge, forcing him to sleep apart from Nine.

It was the best he could come up with. He wasn't sure what one touch would do and so he dared not. Not until he got whatever was going on with him under control.

This plan could work for as long as they were at the penthouse, however their time there had elapsed and it was time for them to switch to Nine's place.

"Here we are." Nine said as they stepped inside his house. "I didn't give you the tour last time. I have two rooms but since we're supposed to sleep in the same room, I guess it doesn't matter." Jorah coughed. "Are you still feeling sick?" Nine put his hand on Jorah's forehead. "I really think you need to see a doctor."

At Nine's touch, Jorah tensed. "No. It's fine."

"You don't feel warm or sick but you should still get looked at." Jorah stepped out of Nine's reach.

"I'll at least leave my bags in the other room though."

Nine agreed. "Follow me." Jorah followed him down the hallway.

"This is my room." he pointed to a door. "You'll stay here with me." A few feet away, there was the other room. "You can put your stuff here."

It was cozy, just like the rest of Nine's house. It wasn't as large as his place but it still felt very homely. After tucking his bags away, Jordan looked at Nine. "I guess that's it."

"Mmhmm." Nine nodded. "I'll call Sean and let him know I'm home so he can take Siam home."

"Siam?" Jorah asked.

Nine nodded. "My cat"

Jorah raised a brow. "You have a cat?"

Nine chuckled. "I do. Although I'm a really bad parent." he confessed. "He sees Sean more than he sees me. I'm always too busy."

"I've never heard you talk about a cat before," Jorah said.

"You're right." Nine admitted. "Here. Let me show you." He retrieved his phone and scrolled through his gallery. "Here." he showed Jorah a picture of himself cuddling a very mean looking cat.

Jorah laughed. "Does your cat always look angry?"

"Pretty much." Nine laughed. "You and he might get along."

"Me?" Jorah's eyes widened.

"Yeah." Nine teased. "He's always frowning. Like you."

"Well if he's like me. I'll have to meet him."

Nine nodded. "I'll tell Sean to bring him home tomorrow."

"Sounds good." Jorah replied.

Nine left the room, heading back to the living room. Jorah followed.

"Uh..I can't have any party to welcome you on your stay." Nine said. "I can't say I have a lot of friends."

"That also surprises me." Jorah told him.

"It surprises a lot of people." Nine agreed. "I'm very much an introverted, homebody."

"Who would have guessed that." Jorah was amused. "Since the first day I saw you. I didn't get introvert."