Episode 4.1 - Don't Get Too Close

It was exactly 10 am when Jorah pulled into his family home.Parking his car without care, he alighted and looked at the place he'd called home until he was 19 years old.

The house, with its towering column and expansive glass windows stood like a testament of Eren's wealth.

With a sigh, he opened the enormous oak doors, adorned with its intricate carvings.This place always felt weird to him. He'd grown up here but whenever he visited, he felt like nothing but a stranger.

As soon as his feet fell he was greeted by a familiar face. Mrs. Park, the head housekeeper, approached him with a practiced smile. "Welcome home, Master Eren. Your mother is expecting you in the drawing room."

Jorah bristled at her address. Of course he already knew where his mother would be based on the time of day, she was a creature of habit.

Offering no verbal response, Jorah trailed as the woman led the way. As they walked by, the uniformed staff bowed their heads graciously, all muttering "Young master" in solemn greeting.

Mrs. Park offered a final bow and took her leave when Jorah arrived at the drawing room. The shades were opened, giving a grand view of the property from ground level, massive waves of natural light flowing in.

"You're here." She greeted him with a smile.

"Mother."

Zuri Eren's eyes lit up. "Welcome home darling."

"This is not my home mother." he corrected. "And I thought I asked you to speak to the staff about when I come here."

His mother looked at him "Even if you choose not to live here," his mother explained "Eren blood still courses through your veins."

Jorah rolled his eyes. "Where's Zhuzhi?"

"She's on holiday in Spain."

"Now? During this time of the year? What about school?"

His mother took a dainty sip of her tea. "Apparently she has it all worked out with her professors."

"And you let her go?"

A hint of weariness was Zuri's brown eyes. "What can I do? There is not much I can do when my children decide they want to do things their own way."

Jorah knew she meant him too.

"I'll give her a call." Jorah frowned.

"If you wish. She might listen to you. Although you know how stubborn she can be." Mrs. Eren sighed. "You both get that from your father."

Jorah gritted his teeth "I am nothing like him."

"You're right!" a commanding voice suddenly joined the conversation. Jorah bristled at the sound, looking at his mother with accusation in his eyes. She, on the other hand, was looking at him in surprise. "You are nothing like me." his father added as he strode into the room.

Hezlo Eren was a large man, both in body and presence. While he was most known for being the owner of Eren foods, one of the country's largest manufacturing chains, he also had a hand in a spate of others and industries.

"Dear." Mrs. Eren greeted her husband "You're here."

"Where else would I be but my home?"

Jorah and his mother exchanged glances.They could each think of a thousand other places he could be besides there, as he usually was.

"I just returned." Mr. Eren stated "And in good timing too." He looked at Jorah "Or I would have missed a visit from our precious son." He went to take a seat beside his wife,"He hardly comes home.We miss him don't we dear?"