Episode 5.5 - Welcome to Nine Nation

The next few days he'd spent in the house with Nine were remarkably not as bad as he'd imagined. In the end, though he'd stubbornly resisted, he'd given in.

Still, unable to face Nine, Jorah typically headed in only after he was sure Nine had fallen asleep. Whenever Nine woke up and saw him in the bed, neither said anything.

Nine was still the one 'documenting' and sending the pictures of their progress. According to the facilitator's feedback, they were "still not there."

Nine continued documenting and sending pictures of their progress. According to the facilitator's feedback, they were "still not there." She was surprised by the pace of their progress, accusing them of making a conscious effort not to get closer. No names were mentioned, but it wasn't hard to guess who might be guilty.

As for their coaching sessions, they were slow to develop. According to their coach, Jorah was still having difficulty accessing his character's emotional cavity. No matter the exercise, the results were the same. He knew the lines but wasn't conveying the emotions—the love, the hurt, the pain. It was all a dud.

Overall, the series was progressing decently. When a particular scene caused trouble, the director adjusted the schedule to shoot something else. But this strategy couldn't hold out for long. Jorah needed to get it right—and fast.

Outside of sleeping together at night and their scenes, Jorah and Nine hardly saw each other. The closer it got to Nine's concert, the busier he became. The later he got home, the less sleep he got, but he kept on pushing.

Finally, after all the preparation, it was the night of the concert. Jorah pulled up in the same car as his friends. The scene outside was chaotic. People were screaming and waving signs, cameras flashing faster than they could blink. It was pandemonium.

The group dodged into the arena, waving to the screaming fans as they went. Once inside, Sean greeted their group and guided them to a room in the back.

"You guys made it!" Nine beamed when the group entered the room.

"We did!" Jade exclaimed, looking around at the hustle and bustle. "Thank you for inviting us. This is so exciting."

Jorah rolled his eyes. It was his first time seeing Nine since yesterday. In preparation for the show, he hadn't slept at home. Since he had no scenes, he hadn't shown up on set either.

Throughout the day on set, there was an air of excitement. Everyone worked in anticipation, knowing that at the end of the shoot, they would attend the concert. The night shoot had been canceled so everyone could go.

As for Jorah, he'd gotten a special call—a reminder, if you will—that he also needed to attend.

***Flashback***

"Tanner. What do you want now?"

[Hey kid. Is that how you talk to your manager?]

"Mmm..Spit it out"

Tanner laughed [You're going to the concert tonight right?]

Jorah made a face. "What concert?" Jorah feigned ignorance

[Don't play dumb. I've known about it for weeks. I also know that the entire cast is going...that includes you..especially you need to go.]

Jorah's blood boiled. "What? ! Like hell I will. I have better things to do."

Tanner laughed heartily.[I don't care what you have to do. Cancel it. You need to go to the concert. While the series is being shot we need to continue generating interest. This is a perfect opportunity for you to show a united front.]