Episode 13.4 - I'm Afraid of The answers

The launch of SerenTech was dubbed a "once-in-a-lifetime" event. It was on the tip of everyone's tongue across every industry. Everyone wanted to attend, not solely for the promise of the products.

Launch Day was October 10th, Jorah's 27th birthday. It would be a 3-in-1 event spanning the full 24 hours; nothing less would do for the Erens. It began with the corporate launch, unveiling the new branded building downtown.

Members of the press gathered, news trucks lined the streets, and a dense sea of camera lenses captured every moment. Screaming fans hoisted placards and cut-outs of Nine and Jorah. Some even had signs for Liam, showing that fans from their acting careers had turned out for a glimpse of the couple. Today, however, was not about them; this was the company launch, Zhuzhi's baby, so Jorah allowed her to take the lead during the activities.

The great Hezlo Eren had also put in an appearance. Despite trying to hide it, Jorah knew that seeing fans shipping Nine and himself annoyed his father. Jorah glanced at Nine, hoping to see a reaction, but there was nothing. Seeing Nine again, he tried to keep his cool despite the anxiety cartwheeling inside him.

SerenTech's official colors were aqua and silver. Nine was styled in an aqua blazer over all white. His jet-black hair contrasted strikingly with the soft colors of his outfit. He looked so delicious that Jorah could hardly stand it. Liam, beside him, wore a gray blazer over all white, his blonde hair complementing the soft gray of his outfit. The two were undeniably good-looking individually and quite striking together. Jorah bit the inside of his lip, trying to navigate the feeling of possessiveness swelling in his chest.

"It's normal, Jorah. It's fine if he touches his hand like that. It's fine if he's smiling that big. It's just work," he repeated to himself.

It was all his fault. Whenever Nine was involved, he lost his ability to think calmly and rationally. His reasoning was overshadowed by a torrent of feelings.

While the cameras flashed furiously, the two ambassadors smiled brilliantly. Jorah was glad when Zhuzhi wedged herself between the two "Good girl," he thought with a little smile.

The members of the press continued to call for their attention.

"Nine, over here! Look this way! Miss Eren! Mr. Eren! Jorah! This way!"

On occasion, Jorah glanced furtively in Nine's direction. Nine, however, was engrossed in the proceedings and seemed to be looking everywhere but at him.

After the ribbons were cut, a select group was invited to tour the building, followed by a special brunch with the company's ambassadors and executives. The brunch was invite-only, attended by celebrities, philanthropists, businesspeople, and everyone considered worthy of one.

"Stop it." Jade whispered to Jorah under his breath, smiling through his teeth.

"What?" Jorah replied.

"You're glaring at him." Jade replied. "You look like you're about to kill someone." Jade maintained his smile as he looked around. "And your father is watching you like a hawk."

Jorah glanced at his father and their eyes met briefly before his father's eyes flitted to Nine, sitting beside Liam at Zhuzhi's table. His father's eyes sparkled with amused mischief.

Fuck. Jorah grimaced. He was playing into his hands.

They had gone over this. Today he had to play it cool. He couldn't appear ruffled concerning Nine when his father was around. He had to be aloof, unbothered, chill—at least until he could put his plan into motion. But it was hard. He and Nine were so close now, but they were leagues apart.