Episode 3 - Meet The Cast

"You're the one who agreed to do this so why are you frowning?" Janice was baffled

"I'm here but that doesn't mean I have to like it" Jorah countered.

Sighing wearily, Janice complained. "Tanner owes me big time for this."

Jorah rolled his eyes "Who said I needed you here?"

"Tanner." She replied "He said our baby needed a sitter."

"Baby my ass." Jorah bit, much to the woman's amusement.

With only 1 day to spare he'd begrudgingly agreed to take part in the project.

He could only think of one thing he hated more than being forced into this project.

"Let's just get this over with." Jorah made no effort to mask his annoyance.

Janice shook her head"Stop frowning.You're going to get wrinkles."

"Will that get me out of this bullshit project?"

"Not in your life." she smiled and winked at him. "You already agreed, the deal is done. Now let's go."

When Jorah's face remained stormy, Janice clicked her tongue. "But really. Do you need to look so scary this early in the morning?"

Jorah rolled his eyes. Even though he'd taken the project, he still had more than enough reasons to be grieved about it. As it was, they would neither change his role nor the script itself so no matter which way he spun it, he was fucked.

Production Meeting for The Protector

Jorah's heart sank and his anger rose as he stood looking at the sign on the door. He kept the overwhelming desired to shred the sign at bay.

With her hand on the door handle, Janice looked at him "Come on."

He frowned. "Go ahead. I'll be right there."

She eyed him suspiciously. "Don't even think about doing anything funny." She warned. "Jorah I swear to God if you leave this building, I will end you."

There were not many people who he allowed to threaten him like this.

"I won't leave." He gave her his assurance.

Though suspicion remained in her eyes, Janice nodded. "I'll go find us a spot." she informed him before disappearing into the room.

Jorah looked at the brown door. This was his portal to his certain doom. Once his foot crossed that threshold he would truly enter the point of no return.

He could hear voices inside but his legs refused to make the next step, he was sure the last shred of his dignity would dry up the minute he stepped in.

Things had been tumultuous ever since he'd crossed paths with this project. From his battle with Tanner to the stupid audition. Tanner's leak, the public dissent, his entanglement with Nine and his team, even the call from that man.

The more the information of his involvement spread, the more his awareness of the situation increased.The series was actually adapted from a web novel that had a cult-like following.

As he'd seen before, most people were excited about Nine's casting. All the members of his Boy Love fandom were very happy to see him return to the screen after his hiatus. They were even more excited that he would play Ryder, calling him "perfect for the role."

When it came to him however, it was a different story.

The most common question they asked was "could he do it?" and the most popular response? "No." When it came to his casting decision, there was only doubt.