Episode 6 -To Know Him

That unpleasant run in with the seemingly unwelcomed guest threw everyone off but only momentarily. In short order,they were back in swing. Not only were Nine's guests allowed to attend the concert, they were also invited to the after party.

Jorah and the others went ahead while Nine stayed behind to refresh himself.

"What do you think that was about?" Jade asked when they were enroute to the venue.

"What?" Jorah asked.

"That person that just showed up back there at the concert. Nine did not look very pleased to see him."

Both Janice and Avalon agreed.

Recalling Norris's story, Jorah frowned. As far as he could tell at this point, this was a he said- he said story. On the matter Jorah had nothing to contribute.

"But the concert though." Jade's eyes gleamed. "I don't usually like things like this but it was amazing.". He looked at Jorah "Jorah. What did you think?"

"It was alright." Jorah replied

"Just alright?" Jade eye him.

Jorah kept his cool. "Mmhmm."

Jade gave his friend a knowing smile. "In any case. I think he's made atleast one new fan tonight." He looked at Jorah with a teasing smile.

Jorah didn't meet Jade's gaze. Of all the people to catch him trying to record the snippet, it just had to be him.

Nine made his appearance at the party 45 minutes after everyone's arrival. Changed out of his concert gear, he was now wearing a powder blue jacket with white pants and white shirt. That outfit, with the pastel pink hair made him look like a character from a webtoon.

Since his arrival cameras were always flashing in his direction.

"Nine. Over here."

"Look this way."

Everyone yelled for his attention as he stood at the front of the room, smiling his eyes into crescents.

Undoubtedly, he was the star of this evening and even if he wasn't actually the star and the reason they were gathered, his handsome visage would still capture your attention. Jorah could not help stealing glances at him occasionally.

The music was lively. On quite a few tracks Jorah was able to recognise Nine's vocals. Whenever he heard a song he liked, he would raise his phone surreptitiously to Shazam it.

People milled around and mingled. Engaging in lively conversation. Jade had long left his side with Avalon in tow. Only Janice remained with him.

Jorah looked at his watch.

"Do you have someplace else you need to be?" Janice asked as they stood in a corner of the room.

"Anywhere but here?" he griped.

Janice rolled her eyes. "Really Jorah? You're like a dog with a bone, you know that? Can't you just relax and have fun. You can't tell me you're not having a good time."

Jorah feigned a grin. He was having a good time but he was never going to admit that.

He scanned the room.

Nine was in the middle of a group. Of course Gage was also in his company. That guy was like a tick. Curiously, the other tick was missing. Nine's Manager was nowhere in sight. In fact, he hadn't seen him since the concert.

He thought for certain, on such a grand night that one would be glued under Nine's armpit. Still, just the sight of Gage was enough to irk him.

"Why doesn't he just glue himself to him?" Jorah muttered.