Episode 18.2 :It's You---

POPEATER MAGAZINE Feature : Nine:The Medicine, Music and The Man

Pop Idol and Actor Nine has been one of the most popular entertainers of his generation with countless hit singles, endorsements and acting accolades.

The 23 year old Nine, real name, Kailen Kim has been in the entertainment industry for over 9 years, debuting as a member of boy band MainLine as vocalist and main dancer.

We finally got a chance to catch up with the young Idol who is currently pursuing a special programme in Medicine.

Question: So Nine, Medicine?

N: *Laughs* Medicine. It's shocking, I know. A lot of people are surprised because Medicine and the entertainment industry are so far apart in terms of disciplines. But it's true..I'm studying Medicine now.

Question: How has it been for you so far?

N: A little strange at some points. It takes some adjusting. I didn't really get the chance to enjoy a normal childhood.I began life as a trainee young and then I debuted in MainLine. It was a rigorous schedule. There were alot of sleepless nights. Once I started working, that's all I knew. I didn't get to have a college life or do the other things that regular teenagers got to do. Studying medicine, it's still early but there are still alot of sleepless nights *laughs*

Question: So now you're seeing life as a regular 23 year old

N: As much as I can. Yeah

Question: What led you to choose Medicine?

N: Outside of music which I feel heals the soul, I wanted to do something that can help people, to heal their bodies so that field made a lot of sense to me.

Question :What was the single-most thing that had the biggest impact on your life?

N: I think it had to be the night I lost my parents. Everything changed for me. In one night, I lost my parents and my brother was severely injured. My life has never been the same since. I never really got over their loss, I just found a way to deal with it over the years.

Question :Speaking of your brother, please tell us about the impact he has had on your life

N: My brother is my last remaining close relative. His condition has always been something I've been keen to research, especially in the past year. He's also one of the main reasons I chose this career.

Question : Medicine is quite rigorous. Is there any idea when we will get new music from you?

N: *Laughs* I don't know. I'm always making music even if I don't release them as singles because music is kind of my first love. It never leaves, it will always be there. For now though, I would like to focus on this current work as it is something very important to me.

Question : You mentioned music as your first love. What about the other kind of love? Now that you're at this place in your life, do you think you will find time for some romance? Maybe a significant other?

N:Uh...I don't know. I don't know what the future holds. I probably won't have much time for romance. *Laughs* The most romance I'll see might be on the tv. I will live vicariously through them.

Question: Speaking of TV, your last series was wildly popular. Now that you're studying medicine can we expect a medical drama from you in the future?

N: Who knows? If the timing and the script are right. Anything is possible.

Question: Anything you want to say to readers before you go?