Episode 5.3 -You Need To Get Closer

"As both of you are aware. This is a two part exercise to build your chemistry." The facilitator addressed the two people sitting on opposite ends of the sofa "I have read your respective files and looked at your MBTIs and it's not that you two are incompatible. In fact. You two are very compatible, on paper." Jorah and Nine raised their brows. "You're both just having some trouble finding each other. So I'm here to help."

"Us? Compatible?"Jorah snarked

"Trust me." The mousy-looking woman replied. "I've been doing this for years. With just the right amount of unlocking. You two will have explosive chemistry."

Jorah could not help the sliver of a smile on his lips. Explosive chemistry was right. He was sure one of them would end up killing the other or both.

"Right. So how long have you been living together?" she asked.

"Two days." Nine replied.

"And how has it been going?"

"Well we're both alive so I guess it's not been all bad." Jorah quipped.

"Right." The woman tapped her pen thoughtfully on her chin. She looked around Jorah's penthouse. "I asked to meet you here so that I could get a feel of your lives and come up with a plan."

Jorah and Nine continued to listen.

"I need to see your rooms." she said.

"Our rooms?" Nine asked. "Why?"

"I'll explain in a little while." she stood waiting for them to lead the way.

Seeing Jorah's frown, Nine reluctantly stood. "Follow me. I'll take you to where I stay."

Leaving Jorah to his own vices, Nine led the way.

"Here we go." Nine opened the door. The bed was neatly made. His suitcase sat close to the bed. On the nightstand sat the picture of four smiling people.

"Who are these people?" The facilitator's eyes fell on the photo.

"Uh---" Nine hesitated. "They're my family."

Jorah, who'd silently joined them, looked at the photo in question. There was a man, a woman and two smiling boys. By only a glance, he could tell which one was Nine. That meant that by the other smiling face, Nine had a brother.

"Where is your family?" The facilitator probed.

"I-I'm sorry. What does my family have to do with what we're doing?" Nine forced a polite smile.

Glancing at Nine, the facilitator shifted her focus "I'm sorry. I just wanted to form a complete picture."

Jorah watched Nine as he bit his bottom lip as he looked at the picture.

There were no more questions about Nine's family. After a cursory look, the facilitator turned to Jorah. "If you could lead the way to your room."

"As you wish." Jorah rolled his eyes as he took the lead to his room.

His room was larger than Nine's. The California King Bed sat center, framed by a huge ornate headboard.

There was a perfect view of the skyline through the massive windows on one side. On the other side, there was an image projected on the wall of a beach.

Drawn to it, the facilitator walked over to the wall.

"And what's this?" she asked Jorah.

"It's my ---" he seemed to be thinking of a suitable name. "My mood wall." he shrugged. "I don't really know what else to call it."