Episode 5.2 -What Professionals Do

Jorah watched from the sidelines, arms crossed. Norris looked nervous, likely still shaken from his encounter with Gage. Jorah hoped his advice had stuck: the best way to stick it to a guy like Gage to back off was to nail it when the cameras were rolling.

Gage, still brooding over his earlier confrontation with Jorah, glanced over with a scowl.

Though it was time for him to report for hair and makeup, Jorah refused to leave without seeing this through.

"Scene 6/1. Shot 1. Take 1."

Clapper board

"And Action!"

The Protector: The Series

"Come on. Don't be like that." Chase stroked his boyfriend's hair as he laid in his lap.

"I'm not listening." Nuea frowned.

Chase stroked the side of Nuea's face.

Gage flinched at the touch.

"Cut!" The Director yelled.

"Gage. Is something wrong?" The Director asked. "You look awkward."

"Come on." Jorah chided. "Be a professional." He pointed at Gage. "He's letting personal feelings get in the way of his work."

Norris looked at Jorah, pleading silently while Gage shot daggers at him.

"Sorry." Jorah raised his hands innocently when the Director looked at him

Gage grimaced and took a deep breath. "Sorry. I'm ready. Let's do it again."

The shot was marked and the cameras rolled.

"Come on. Don't be like that." Chase stroked his boyfriend's hair as he laid in his lap.

"I'm not listening." Nuea frowned.

"I love you. Don't be jealous." Chase continued his sweet caress.

Nuea sat up and faced his boyfriend. "Do you mean it?" he asked, his eyes earnest.

Chase looked into his boyfriend's eyes. "I don't have any feelings left for Landon. That's all in the past." With a gentle hand, he swept the hair from Nuea's forehead. "You're the one that I love."

Nuea didn't say anything.

"I know everyone left you behind. I know you've been alone for as long as you can remember. But I promise you. I will always be here with you." Chase lowered his voice. "I mean it." he inched forward and planted a tender kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

Jorah's eyes widened. Everyone else was just as surprised. That kiss. That moment was not in the script.

Knowing Gage, Jorah half expected him to break character and start yelling but he didn't and the cameras kept rolling.

"Ok." Nuea's voice was barely a whisper. "I- I believe you." Chase took him into his arms to embrace him. Nuea rested his head on his shoulder.

The cameras rolled for a few more seconds and..

"Cut!" The Director marked the scene "That was fantastic!" he exclaimed. " I could really feel the emotion."

Gage's expression was unreadable. Norris looked too terrified to notice.

"Sorry..about the kiss." Norris stuttered.

"Good job you two." The director continued his praise "That kiss on the forehead really added a nice touch. Good job Norris." The young man couldn't even allow himself to accept the praise.

His eyes shifted nervously to Gage

"Alright." the Director clapped gleefully "Let's set up the final shot."