Episode 14.4 - You're My Home

From France, they flew to Italy, then on to Spain. Now, aboard the jet heading home, their company was scattered about, recovering from the whirlwind trip. They'd had a blast at every stop, with no expenses spared, but the unresolved tension between Jorah and Nine hung over them like a dark cloud.

Since that night in Paris, Jorah had grown distant, and it hadn't gone unnoticed. While Nine tried to make amends, Jorah's stubbornness only deepened the rift.

Jade and Avalon had tried to guide Nine on Jorah's ways since they knew him longer.

Norris, as bad as he felt, couldn't do much. In fact, Gage, who had insisted that he didn't get involved, made sure he didn't.

Sean and Asion didn't know Jorah very well. All they could do was encourage Nine to smooth things over with him and not give up.

When Jade had told Nine exactly what the man at the bar had said, he'd felt even worse about how he had reacted.

Their dream vacation was ending, but Nine refused to let it conclude on a sour note.

After walking around for a while,Nine found Jorah in the entertainment room. Nine glanced at the screen while Jorah kept his eyes front all the time, never turning to look in Nine's direction.

Even when Nine sat, Jorah paid no attention to him. When Jorah continued to ignore him, that itch in his heart became unbearable. Frowning, he stood and blocked Jorah's line of sight.

By the reflection from the screen, Nine could see the displeasure on Jorah's face. Sighing, he shifted into another chair. Nine blocked him again.Jorah stood up to leave.

"Jorah, please don't leave." Nine's voice wavered as he stood in Jorah's path, grabbing his hand. "I'm sorry."

Jorah looked at Nine before gently removing Nine's hand from his wrist.

When Jorah attempted to leave again Nine grabbed him by the waist, planting his head on his back.

"I'm sorry." he apologized. "I'm stupid. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you.."

Jorah sighed as he slowly turned around to look at Nine. Nine refused to let him go, grasping his waist firmly.

"Look..Jorah.I'm sorry." Nine launched into the speech he'd gone over in his head a thousand times. "I didn't mean what I said. I was just angry."

"Ok." Jorah replied icily.

"No. It's not 'ok.'. '' Nine shook his head "I shouldn't have gone off on you like that. I guess I was just feeling a lot of things and I'm still getting used to this and I just acted crazy."

Jorah frowned. "Do you know what made me crazy?" Nine could still hear Jorah's anger. "Some frigging asshole asking if you were my 'plaything' or if he could share you." His scowl deepened. "Was I supposed to just sit there and let him harass you?"

"I know." Nine nodded. "I know. Sorry. It was just my ego...I.."

"Fuck your ego." Jorah broke away from Nine's hold. "Honestly, what kind of person do you think I am? What do you think that I think of you?" He looked at Nine. "I don't look at you like a damsel in distress or whatever the fuck you think. I don't think you're some weak person that can't handle himself either but you were in a situation. What was I supposed to do?"

"You're right." Nine conceded. "I had no idea what was going on. I didn't understand what he was saying."

"Exactly!" Jorah threw his hands in the air "But you got pissed off at me. Why? Because of your ego." He ran his fingers through his hair and shook his head in exasperation. "How do you think that made me feel?"