Episode 3.2 : An Odd Encounter

"Why isn't he here yet?" Avalon looked at his watch. "He's the one who arranged this and he's late."

Jorah took a sip of his coffee "You know how Jade is." he offered "He probably can't decide what to wear or something."

The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the exclusive café where Jade had arranged to meet them for lunch. As reluctant as Jorah and Avalon had been to join, Jade had pestered them to no end, saying he wanted to congratulate Jorah on his project. He also had someone for them to meet.

"Do you know who he's bringing to lunch?" Jorah queried

"I don't know Avalon" shrugged "Whoever knows with him." there was something uncharacteristically sour in his tone.

Jorah raised a brow. "You alright?"

Avalon sighed and adjusted his rectangular glasses. "I'm fine.Just tired I suppose."

"You do look a little tired." Jorah agreed. " Have you been working too much? Are you sleeping ok? You should try to take it easy."

"I'm ok." Avalon replied with another glance at his watch.

Jorah looked at his friend and nodded. He knew Avalon well enough to know that he was not who opened up to others easily. In fact, he was the kind who would rather work hard and struggle silently than ask others for help. There was a part of him that respected that.

In the face of Avalon's closelippedness, Jorah was about to probe further when Jade's voice cut through the air "I'm here."

He gave his friends a winning smile.

"You're late." Avalon pointed out as Jade took a seat.

"Stop being such a stickler for everything." Jade rolled his eyes. "I had a bit of–trouble.." he adjusted his shirt.

Jorah laughed. "I told you he couldn't decide what to wear."

Pouting Jade replied, "I don't find this kind of thing funny." He adjusted his shirt again "I really need to look my best today."

Though he was clearly annoyed, Avalon said nothing further.

"So we're here" Jade beamed "Let's just have a good time." His eyes fell on Avalon. "We have alot to celebrate."

"Mn." Jorah agreed. "By the way, who is this person you want us to meet?"

Jade's hazel eyes twinkled. " Someone I met recently."

"Oh?" Jorah was curious "And you want to introduce him to us? Boyfriend?"

Jade blushed. "Not yet," he admitted with a shy smile. "But I do like him."

"You've liked alot of people." Avalon pointed out matter-of-factly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jade glared at him

Avalon shrugged. "Just stating the facts."

Jorah looked at Avalon. While he knew Avalon was not one to mince words, he was not usually very willful towards Jade. However, at this moment, his words sounded particularly harsh.

"Well, this one feels different," Jade ignored, "I've got a good feeling about him."

Avalon snorted.

"Do you have something to say?" Jade snapped at Avalon.

Before Avalon could reply however, Jade's phone rang.

His eyes lit up when he looked at the caller ID and quickly answered. Jorah and Avalon exchanged glances.

"You're here?" Jade craned his head up. "Oh I see you. We're over here." he stood up and waved to a man across the room.