Episode 11.5 - Let's Make a Deal..

Sean : Thank you!

JJ: Did I do something to get a "Thank you?"

Sean:🤭 I guess this is also something you don't want him to know about

JJ: What are you talking about?

Sean: Seriously?

With a smile, Sean shook his head as he surreptitiously snapped a photo and sent it to Jorah. He hadn't sent it a second when his phone began ringing. Incoming call: Jorah Jindaya. With the buzzing of the phone, all eyes turned to look at Sean.

"Go ahead if you need to take that," Hezlo Eren addressed Sean as Manager Kim glared at him.

"It's fine," Sean declined the call. A second later, the buzzing returned. The man at the table looked at him, and Sean immediately felt uneasy under those intense eyes. Standing, he bowed apologetically and excused himself.

"Hello?" he answered

[What took you so long? ] Jorah immediately accosted him. Before he could even respond, Jorah fired another question [Where are you?]

"Down Town. In a meeting."

[What meeting? Why is he there?]

Sean hesitated, unsure which 'he' Jorah meant. The photo included Nine, Manager Kim, and Jorah's father.

"What do you mean? Don't you know?" Sean was confused.

[Sean. Seriously.]

Though still perplexed, Sean explained. "Nine is signing a deal to be the spokesperson for a new tech company. When I saw your father, I assumed--"

[You assumed what?] Jorah's voice sounded dangerous

"That you were the one that set it up. Manager Kim said they asked for Nine specifically."

There was suddenly silence on the line. "Hello?" Sean spoke into the receiver. "Hello?"

[Down Town..you're in the new building?]

Sean nodded. "It seems pretty new. Branding and stuff aren't up yet."

[Ok.] Jorah replied before the line went dead.

"H-Hello?" Sean frowned. That was weird. He thought Jorah would have known about the deal in some way, especially when they saw who they were meeting with, but it seemed he had no idea.

After the call with Jorah, Sean went back into the room.

"Is everything alright?" Jorah's father asked.

Sean blushed. "Uh..Yes thanks. It was just a friend checking on something."

Hezlo nodded before looking at Nine once more "As I was saying, we've had our eye on you and we think you would be the perfect person to promote this product." Though he smiled, there was something dark behind his brown eyes.

*****************************************************************************************

Jorah dialled his sister on the car phone the minute he turned over the engine.

"Zhuzhi. What's happening?"

[What do you mean? With what?]

"This new company. I thought you said father was letting you be in charge."

[He is.] Zhuzhi replied.

"So this was your idea?" Jorah frowned as he sped along.

[No. I was just taking your advice.] Zhuzhi replied. [I wanted father to take me seriously so he said he would.]