Episode 9.1- It Could Be Sweet

The two men sat across from each other, their gazes locked. One traced an index finger around the rim of his glass, while the other feigned calmness.

Shooting was done for the day. Nine was with Sean, allowing Jorah to meet Manager Kim.

Manager Kim broke the silence. "What is it that you think you know?"

Jorah's amusement was evident. "I know more than you want anyone to know." He tilted his head. "I'm curious how you've managed this for so long. If Nine hadn't received that email..."

"Manager Kim's eyes widened. "Nine got an email? What email? From whom? What did it say?"

Jorah's smile deepened. "So many questions," he teased. "One at a time."

"What email?"

Jorah leaned in, his voice low and menacing, "The one detailing missed payments for his brother over the last six months."

Manager Kim's color drained. "N-No. That can't be right."

"That's the same thing he said." Jorah pointed out. "Except it isn't. Is it?" He gazed coldly at Manager Kim "I checked."

"What did you check?" Manager Kim asked. "There's nothing to check.".

"Wow." Jorah laughed mirthlessly " I have to give it to you. I can see how a person like you could really fool someone."

"Who am I fooling?"

"Alright. Enough of this." Jorah looked at him. "It's getting late so let me just cut to the chase. I know what you did. No payments have been made for Nine's brother in the last 6 months" He leaned back and folded his arms over his chest " If I was supposed to guess you're probably hiding a lot more from him"

Manager Kim's silence was telling.

"As I told you on set earlier, I haven't told him yet." Jorah paused. "Him knowing right now is not a good idea."

"So what do you plan on doing with this information?"

"Me?" Jorah smirked. "Keep it safe until I need to use it."

"Are you talking about blackmail?"

Jorah shrugged. "Blackmail is such an ugly word." he replied. "Let's just say, it's insurance."

"Insurance?" Manager Kim parrotted.

"Mmhmm." Jorah confirmed. "I don't know what's going on with you." he looked at Manager Kim "I don't even care." he confessed "What I won't allow, is you screwing things up for someone that trusts you."

Hearing these words, Manager Kim laughed dryly. "Mr. Jindaya, I'm surprised. Do you always take such a keen interest in the affairs of all your co-stars?"

"And do you always make a habit of fleecing your clients?" Jorah countered.

Manager Kim's face went sour.

"Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me for now. Not for your sake." he stood "But I do recommend that you stop." He paid for their drinks and left more than enough for tips. "It's on me."

After leaving the tense confrontation with Manager Kim, Jorah's mind was a whirl of conflicting emotions. Knowing the relief Nine felt was a placebo weight heavily on his heart.

He sighed as he dragged himself through the door of the penthouse.

"You're here." Nine greeted Jorah with a smile when he walked into the penthouse.

Seeing that smiling face, Jorah smiled in turn. He hadn't realized before how good it felt to have someone waiting for you at home.

"Yeah." Jorah put his keys away.