Chapter 10.4 - It's Best To Forget

"Mngh." Nine immediately closed his eyes after making one attempt to open it. It was way too bright. Slowly, he opened his eyes, gradually adjusting to the light. With time, the room came into focus and he pulled himself into a sitting position.

He looked around. He wasn't in his own bed, he was in Jorah's bed. That's right. He'd come to him last night and they'd watched quite a few things together. They ate and laughed..drank and...

"Stay with me.." Those three words floated back to him as though from a dream.

Oh no. What had he done? Nine touched his lips, a wave of dread washing over him. No. He couldn't have. Did he really kiss Jorah last night? The thought terrified him.

Throughout his career, Nine had maintained professional boundaries with all his colleagues. He had always ensured that no lines were crossed, no matter how close they got.

Suddenly, memories of Liam surfaced. Liam had once misinterpreted their interactions, believing there was something more. Back then Nine had made it clear, their relationship could only ever be professional. He had no feelings for him and never would.

That's why he'd been so livid when Liam did what he did. Outside of their work, he'd never so much as touched a hair on his head.

Nine sighed. His breaths began to come in short pants as his panic metastasized. Why had he drank so much to the point of bringing this disaster on himself?

Nine bit his lip, his mind racing. He'd let himself get too close to Jorah lately, finding comfort in their growing friendship. But now, the boundaries had been crossed and he was the one to blame.

Tears pricked Nine's eyes as he found his phone and dialled.

[Hello?]

"Asion. Help me."

Asion yawned lazily [ Hey..what's going on?]

"I kissed him." Nine blurted

[Kissed who?] Asion enquired.

"I kissed him Asion. I kissed him." Nine repeated, getting more frantic as he confessed. "I was drinking. I was drunk and I kissed him. I think I kissed him.."

[Whoa whoa..Wait..slow down.] Asion spoke [Who did you kiss?]

"I kissed Jorah" Nine replied.

[You--shit..] Asion was shocked. [Are you sure?]

Nine nodded. "I'm sure. I'm pretty sure. I mean I was kind of drunk but I remember."

[What kind of kiss? And did he kiss you back? What happened?]

Nine winced a little. "I. I don't know. I came to his room and we were watching tv. We were having a good time. I was drinking and..."

[Shit.] Asion swore.

"Is that all you can say?" Nine sounded agitated. "What am I going to do?"

[Ok. Wait. Just think about it. Let's work this out.] Nine tried to calm himself and listened. [Has he said anything about it?]

"No. When I woke up he wasn't here."

[Wait. you slept in the same room?]

"Yes. " Nine replied. "No." He couldn't remember. The last thing he remembered was Jorah leaving. He wasn't sure if he ever came back "I don't know."

[Shit]

"Asion!"

[Sorry.] Asion apologized [Ok. So maybe both of you were drunk and the kiss just happened. It shouldn't be anything to worry about.]