Episode 12. 2 - Being scared together

This was big news, splashed across every website and news outlet. Some titles were ridiculous, even laughable.

"Heir he is! Eren's heir returns to business."

Social media posts were flooded with comments.

"He looks hot as an actor but in 'Heir mode'..👅​💦​"

"Daddyy..."

Actor. Heir. Whatever. Jorah didn't care for the noise. He never had.

With one hand casually in his pants pocket, Jorah entered the building. The moment his feet touched the floor, all eyes turned to him. It had been so long since he'd set foot in this building, and for some, it was their first time seeing the heir in the flesh.

He adjusted his tie and sighed. Suits were not his favourite.

"Mr. Eren. Good morning, Mr. Eren," they greeted him with respectful nods.

Jorah sighed inwardly at the address.

Walking beside him, a man rattled off a list of tasks related to the final stages of Seren Tech's production and hard launch. Jorah listened with a level of disinterest, nodding occasionally while stifling a yawn as they stepped into the elevator.

"Is my sister already here?" Jorah interrupted the man whose name he'd already forgotten.

"Uhm..Yes Sir..I--I do believe Ms. Eren has already arrived."

Jorah nodded. "Good."

Rather than using the new building, Jorah chose to work in his old office on the 20th floor whenever he had to be physically present. As the elevator doors parted, nostalgia swept over him. The office looked the same as the day he left.

A young woman stood to greet him with a nervous smile. Jorah stopped and looked her over, noting her mint green skirt suit.

"That's a good color on you," Jorah said.

"Thank you, sir," she replied, blushing.

"Ms. Corsere will be your receptionist," the man explained.

"What happened to Anika?" Jorah asked about his previous receptionist.

"She resigned after you left. She married and moved to another city."

Jorah nodded. "I had no idea. Send her a gift," Jorah instructed, then paused. "No. Send her three times her salary as a belated wedding present."

The man blinked in shock but quickly noted the request knowing Jorah's former receptionist would soon have millions of reasons to smile.

Opening the final door to his office, Jorah walked in. It was like being pulled back in time. It was all there, the soundproof sub-unit made of glass where his desk sat, the treadmill, his shelves of awards, even the specially commissioned Chinese mural.

Jorah sighed as he walked into the glass sub-unit, running his fingers along the mahogany desk.

"Wow. There's a sight I never thought I would see again." Zhuzhi walked in, smiling in her tailored pencil skirt suit after Jorah sat behind his desk.

"You almost didn't." Jorah teased . "Only you could get me to do this."

She kissed his cheek. "And I'm glad because running a company is no joke. I need all the help I can get."

Jorah chuckled. "You don't don't say."

Zhuzhi playfully rolled her eyes. "Things went really well last night Didn't they? Did you see their faces?" She giggled