Chapter 6 - the opera house

When you are wearing a maroon gown that shows your shoulders off and reaches all the way to the floor. Skimming down past your waistline, the silky material gathering around your hips it's impossible to not feel sexy and beautiful. I've treated my hair to a keratin mask and it's silky and glowing reaching down past my waist. I've left it in waves, not bolt straight but not curly either. I'm happy with it.

I have taken time on my makeup, I wanted to enhance my tan with bronzer and not cover it all up. I've used some highlighter, given myself a Smokey eye, put on eyelashes and I'm wearing a gorgeous lipstick that matches my dress.

"Taylor" Jay says normally and then I hear his breath hitch.
I turn to face him and he looks shocked. Absolutely shocked. I've hit this look dead on.

"When we were dating at the beginning" he begins after a pause eyes assessing my dress.
"Before you met my mum. I wanted to take you here and I imagined you in a red dress in the Sydney opera house. Because you are that kind of girl, classy and beautiful" he says walking toward me.

"You however, exceed any image I can imagine up. You look sensational." He says in my ear, planting kisses down my neck.

"You look hot too Jay" I say my hands on his chest looking down at his suit.

"I love this on you" I tell him.

"Lord Taylor, don't. I will take you right here right now and it would literally be a crime to mess up this dress" he says his hands touching my waist and hips.

"Here" he says passing me a glass of champagne. I keep his eye contact not wanting to let him go what so ever.

"You are stunning" he says looking into my eyes.

"I've never seen a ballet performance" he says and I kiss him.

"Well it's pretty and there are dresses and costumes" I say smiling.

"I'm glad we're doing this" he says to me.

"Me too thank you this is like a bucket list thing for me to do" I tell him

He gets out his phone to check on the cab. Then opens up his camera.

"We can get someone to take our picture there but first" he says taking a selfie of us both.

"Hey can you take a picture of our hands, and our tattoos" I ask him.

He smiles and aims the camera at our fingers intertwined showing off our initials. I smile.

"I love it" I tell him.

His phone pings and the cab is now here. We walk down together and he holds my hand walking just in front of me. I love this gesture, he holds me all of the time.

On the way to the opera house he keeps my hand in his and I can feel his fingers rubbing me and tracing circles on my skin. I smile over at him.

"I'm happy that this moment in my life is being shared with you" I tell him.

"Me too" he says and kisses my lips. He lingers and smiles down at me.
"I love you" he whispers.

Soon we arrive and the Sydney opera house does not disappoint. Surrounded by water which currently is reflecting the sunset. Jay takes my hand and we walk up the grand steps for the show, I could become accustomed to being out with Jay at sunset.

"Wanna get a picture?" Jay says looking down at me smiling.

"Would be silly to not get a picture of you in that dress with the water in the backdrop" he says

"Okay" I smile, I usually hate my picture being taken. It makes me feel self conscious. Like people are watching me.

Jay positions his phone to take a picture and I blush at the way he is looking at me.
"Perfect" he says taking a few snaps.

He then comes to join me and we take a few selfies which I'm far more accustomed too. I flick through them all.
"Wow ever thought of photography?" I ask him. The pictures are fantastic. Pictures that show the setting well and capture my dress.

"Well I had a good subject" he smiles.

We continue to walk up the steps hand in hand. He tells me about the time he went on a photography course and I laugh along with him. He starts talking about technical things to do with cameras and then laughs telling me not to worry and that he will stop boring me.

"Jay I'm so excited to find out everything about you" I say smiling.

"'Me too my love" he says holding the door open for me.

Walking around the foyer, Jay buys us a bottle of champagne and two glasses and we wait briefly to be shown to our seats.
"Excuse me, sorry would you mind" Jay says to a small older lady also waiting.

"Of course" she says smiling.

"What a beautiful dress" she's adds smiling at me and taking his phone to take a picture of us.

"Okay, so do I just press this button. Phones that are also cameras are new to me" she chuckles.

"Yes just that button there" Jay says smiling and I love this courteous side to him. So gentle and thoughtful. He joins me, his arm around my lower waist.

"Okay I'll take a few" she smiles

"Ready?" She asks and I'm beginning to think she is loving this. I hope she has lovely grandchildren that include her in their lives.

"Yes" Jay smiles.

Once she has successfully taken them she hands the phone to Jay.
"You two are just the most wonderful couple" she says to us and he thanks her.

"Oh the pleasure was all mine" she smiles and heads into the auditorium.

We follow her in and Jay whispers in my ear.
"You look wonderful" he says.

I smile and blush and he leads me to our own booth with a fantastic view of the stage. Completely clear views and we can even see the orchestra setting up below.

I flick through the pictures of us, smiling.
"I think we may have to get a few of those printed off to give to mum" he says watching me.

"Perfect yes that's a great idea. Also I'm going to post up on social media are you okay with that," I ask him just because my ring is in clear view and I was planning on posting our tattoos too. I tell him and he cups my jaw in his hands softly kissing my lips.

"Of course I am. Tag me in it" he smiles.

Before the show begins I create a post on my social media with our pictures and caption it the Sydney opera house. I love how Jay looks in the photos, sophisticated and grown up. And my dress shows off my slender frame and cleavage. The ring is pretty clear even from afar, it is substantial after all. The picture with our tattoos is gorgeous and intimate and I just know Rhea will be messaging me later about the whole thing, most likely. I laugh and tag Jay into the post.

I quickly show him before I send it to my profile.

"Nice. You are gonna get a lot of messages" he smiles.

"I know" I say eyeing him.

"I'm ready Taylor." He says as if he can read my mind. I had been worried he didn't want to tell everybody and ruin his bad boy image.

"I love you" I tell him and post the pictures up.

I then place my phone securely in my jewelled clutch, gaze at my ring and then the show is ready to start. He sits back with me in our private booth and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world but with him.