Chapter 31- Aspen

Taylor's POV

There's this side to Jay Gilbert Scott that I hadn't known until we were in the wilderness together. This side to him belongs in a country and western movie, striking blonde hair which is ruffled and pushed to the side. Messy yet super stylish. His rugged looks and chiselled jaw wearing a denim shirt which is slightly open exposing his tan chest.

Sitting next to me in his car with the windows down, he might as well be chewing on a piece of grass. He's humming along to a song, something which he is doing more and more.

"I love your voice" I say and look over at him

He smiles.
"You do ?" He laughs.

"It's the open landscape, makes me feel like singing" he adds.

"It suits you, you're so relaxed and happy. And I love that for you" I say smiling.

"What would I not have to be happy about" he says eyeing me up and down.

"I have the most perfect soon to be wife" he whispers and I full on blush.

Eventually after some driving and listening to Jay sing, passing deer and trees are replaced with small buildings but nothing like the city. Everything is picturesque, quaint even. We pull into a small town and park up. Before we head into the jewellery shop we wander around the local shops. All of them chime as we enter with the old fashioned bells on the door.

In the corner of one store and just like it's been forgotten is a black shining acoustic guitar. With a worn patterned strap. I'm drawn to it instantly.

Jay following my eye line sees the guitar and looks back at me grinning.

"See something you like" he smiles arms going around my waist as he guides me over to the guitar.

"It's stunning, I always wanted one like this" I say quietly.

"Pick it up" he whispers in my ear.

My hands find the strap and I place it over my shoulders letting the guitar hang. I lift my hair out of the way and glance at Jay who is looking at me in awe.

"Suits you" he says smiling.
I play a few scales, and my favourite song.
It's mine now, I've decided.

A few heartbeats later we're walking out of the shop with the guitar still around me. He holds my hand as we walk down the small streets and I place the guitar on my back so that it sits there. My plan is to sing with it tonight on the back porch.

"This is it" Jay says as we approach a jewellery store.

We gaze through the window at the shining gold bands. All representations of eternity and forever.

"I'm drawn to one of them" I whisper to Jay.

"Which one" he smiles. I point to it.

It's a simple white gold band, yet everything about it is exquisite.
"It's engraveable, no sapphires though" he asks me smiling.

"No it's perfect as it is plus my ring already has several sapphires" I say.

"I'd like it engraved" I say softly and he smiles guiding me into the store.

Soft country music fills the store and an older gentlemen looks up as we enter. He smiles warmly and continues engraving.

A small lady, perhaps his wife, smiles from over the counter.
"Please do let me know what you would like to see and I will gladly get it for you" she says smiling sipping some iced tea.

"There's one actually in the window, it's ugh number 14 I think. Simple white gold" I say enquiringly and she smiles and goes to retrieve it.

When she returns Jay has found a ring that he likes too which is similar to mine but chunkier.

"We can resize them too should any of the rings be too big" she says showing me the ring. Which up close is even more beautiful.

"Try it" she says smiling at me. I take off my engagement ring and place the band on and then place my engagement ring with it.

"This is the one Jay" I say turning to him. He smiles at me with a broad grin on his face.

"Perfect." He says

"May I try this one" he asks the lady next.

"I was thinking engraving initials on the inner band" he comments placing his ring on. And something happens to me when I see it on his finger. It's like I know that this means he is mine, all mine. My tummy flips and my heart breaks out of my chest and I rather embarrassingly shed a few tears.

"That looks great" I say and he turns to me. A look of slight curiosity on his face and then alarm at the tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy" I say half laughing.

"It happens every time" the lady jokes behind the counter and actually it makes me feel a lot better for hearing it.

We all laugh a little and the lady asks for details of the engraving to be written down so that there is no confusion. We go for our initials on the inside of the bands in fancy loose script, almost the same as our tattoos.

"It's a big plus that the bands you've picked are a great fit already" she comments whilst they're being engraved.

"It was meant to be" she smiles and winks at me.
I smile back warmly and Jay places his hand around my waist.

"All done for you" the man calls out from his tools.

We scoot over to have a look at our new wedding bands.
"Perfect" I say smiling.

Once we've paid and the rings are securely in boxes we head to the door.

"Thank you" Jay smiles

The small lady from over the counter sipping her tea looks up smiling.
"All the best to the both of you" she says warmly and we leave.

"So Mrs Gilbert Scott what would you like to do now?" Jay smiles holding onto me as we're walking through the streets.

"Let's go hiking" I say laughing eyeing up the mountains just on the horizon.

"Hiking?!" He laughs.

"Yes why not" I say laughing back.

"Okay hiking it is" he says with a smile. He gives me everything. He gives into my every desire.

"But first food" he smiles pulling me to a nearby local cafe.

"Gonna need all of the energy we can get" he smiles and then he winks at me.