Chapter 66- cosmo?

It's an unspoken pact that nobody mentions Matty's attempt on his life. Not tonight. Not because we don't care but because we're all trying to keep things happy and light.

Ross' date is doing a good job of rocking the boat so far. Kat strolls over from the window in her leggings and tight red crop top to me at the bar. My bar. Be careful I think let's not argue before we've even got our dresses on.

"I'll be next" she says sitting on Ross' lap. He moves back uncomfortably but doesn't protest.

"Let me guess" I say, I can play.

"Go ahead" she snarks.

"Cosmo?" I say. See I can play nice.

"Let's see if you can make it" she says.

I grab the glass and my shaker. Please robe I think do not open, hold out for me. Okay I think, lemon vodka, triple sec, crushed ice all go in. She watches me all the while, jheez she must hate me. I add cranberry juice and lime juice and now it's time to shake.

I put my mixture down first check my robe, just in case. Then I shake it, like a pro. I dip the edge of her glass in sugar, she needs the sweetness after all. Then I pour the mixture in and smile.

"There you go" I say nicely with my best smile.

She takes it and sips. I'm not up for giving her any more attention so I move on.

"Ross" I say.

"A Guinness please, Taylor" he smiles.

Jay puts the music on and that's it for me, no more drama. I'm just pouring drinks and swaying around my bar. The sound system is impressive, and it makes you feel as though you are in a professional dance hall. I lose myself, singing along slightly.

Before I pour Ross' Guinness I hand Rachel a Prosecco she looks as though she needs a drink. She smiles warmly at me and mouths thank you.

I get the pint glass out for Ross, his date has grown bored of him and has sauntered off. The Guinness pump is right in front of his stool so I pull it in front of him.

"Not bad huh" I say placing it in front of him.

"You look beautiful" he whispers whilst taking his drink.

"Thanks" I smile simply. Let's not go there Ross, she already hates me.

"Tastes great" he says and smiles.

I get Nate a gin and tonic. I thought he was more of a beer guy, who knew? Once everybody has a drink Jay joins me behind the bar stroking my back lightly as he passes by grabs himself a pint glass and pours himself a pint of lager. I watch him his sleeves rolled up, hair pushed back. My hormones rage and I place my arms around his waist just briefly. He turns to face me and plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"Wanna eat before we all get ready" I say to Rach she's on Nate's knee. I'm happy they have managed to keep their relationship going strong.

"Taylor, you cooked too?" She says smiling at me the Prosecco already going to her head.

"Of course I cooked" I say simply Jays hands rub my waist he's standing behind me.

"Nothing too fancy" I say.

Jay scoffs and chuckles lightly.

"Steak au Poivre" he laughs.
"It's fucking crazy delicious" he adds, one of his hands running down my thigh and up again.

"I think you'll like it" I say.

"It's a French dish" I add.

"I love all of your cooking" Rach laughs.

I walk my bare feet out into the kitchen, Jay following behind me. His arms still around me as I'm grabbing the steaks out of the skillet. They've seared nicely and even though I turned the heat off they're still warm. I plate them up and add my special garnish and salad to the plate. I even used the air fryer to make home cooked sweet potato fries.

Before we take the food in plate by plate I turn to face him.

"I love you so much" I say softly.

"I love you more Taylor" he says back to me.

He passes me a champagne a glass with bubbles in it, I look at him confused.

"Non alcoholic" he says.

"You think of everything." I smile.

"Taste it" he says and instantly I get turned on. It's his voice, his stare and his hand on my thigh.

I take a swig. It's exactly like drinking a glass of champagne. I giggle.

"It's fabulous." I say.

"I just wanted you to feel like you're having a proper prom" he says watching me.

"You're really the best" I say locked in his embrace.

"No you're really the best" he says smiling. My arms intertwining in his hair and his lips kissing mine.

"Come on you two" Rachel laughs at the door.

I sigh, no privacy tonight I'm guessing.

"I'll help you with the plates" she laughs.

"Smells delicious" Ross says behind her.

"I came to help too. And to escape" he chuckles and Rachel shh's him.

"Thanks guys" I laugh.

"Poor Matty" Rach laughs.

"Leaving him with her" she adds whispering.

I walk out with my fake glass of champagne and Matty's plate. We walk through the marble hallway to the dining hall. There's no conversation when we enter and I can only assume Matty and Kat have nothing in common.

I place Matty's plate down over his shoulder he looks up at me.
"Enjoy" I say softly. I care for him, of course I do. I just thought I lost him forever. And I wouldn't be human if that didn't rock me slightly.

He smiles.
"Thank you" he says softly and I notice Kat pull another sour face.

Jay brings my food in whispers in my ear that he's got this and that I should relax, I sit myself down next to Matty leaving the head of the table to Jay. Ross sits opposite me next to Kat. Rachel is opposite Nate and they share a longing glance at each other before tucking into their food.

"I hope you all like it" I squeak.

"It's beautiful Taylor" Ross says first much to Kat's obvious distaste.

"I've told you before you're a perfect cook" Jay laughs.

I made sure my steak was completely cooked because of bump, I don't want to take any chances or risks. Everybody eats quietly under the chandeliers and I smile enjoying the ambience of our first ever dinner party of many.