Chapter 78- Jacob

The cafeteria at university doesn't cater for pregnant individuals I've decided. The scent of jacket potatoes and pasta makes me want to heave. This is just another pregnancy symptom I'm becoming more and more aware of. And more and more prone too.

Ditching the idea of food I head on over to our usual tables that are currently vacated. Everybody is still busy. I sigh, take off my leather jacket and scoop my curls back. I'm wearing high heeled boots today, Jay asked me if I was sure about them eyeing me as I stomped around our kitchen in them. I defiantly and rather stropily told him not to worry. He was however of course right, my beautiful high heeled boots are not pregnancy friendly. Although they did have Jay staring at my thighs, all through psychology.

Grabbing my psychology books from my bag I start to study. It's almost the end of term, that can only mean that exams are just that little bit closer. And I want to pass them.

"Hello stranger" I hear a voice say and I crane my neck to see who it is.

"Hey" I say tentatively. Taking in his green eyes, light brown hair and muscular body. A familiar tattoo on his wrist.

"I'm not stalking you" he says with an infectious smile.

"That is not the best opening statement" I laugh. Guys like Jacob don't need the chat. They get what they want without it, all the time.

He takes the seat next to me resting an arm around my shoulder, casually. Jacob is my fellow principal dancer at the company. I've been avoiding him, I haven't had time with moving and pregnancy and prom to get to rehearsals. He doesn't attend university here, and I look at him quizzically. I push  my hair back and his eyes are on my shoulders and neck and I feel self conscious.

"Malaika asked me to come get you" he laughs. Malaika is a small lady, older than us and also my employer. A fantastic ballet dancer, with an innovative way of thinking.

"That one's on you. You're so damn good we can't just replace you, so get your cute little butt to rehearsals" he laughs.

"I'm sorry" I say softly looking over at him. Seeing his charm ooze out of his expression I decide to alter my positioning, further away from him.

"How about this weekend?" I add smiling.

"I've just had a lot on, I've moved and I'm trying to plan some stuff. My dad got into contact with me after like ten years" I blabber on.

"Why am I telling you all of this?" I laugh taken aback by how relaxed he makes me.

"It's okay darling" he drawls and I chastise myself for letting so much slip.

I look down into my lap noticing how my treble clef tattoo and his bass clef mirror each other on our arms, almost as if they were perfectly placed there on purpose. What are the odds of that?

I look at the door praying for somebody, anybody to come in, it could be a supermodel for all I care, just please somebody come and sweep this guy off of his feet. The last thing I want is to sign up another hot guy to the supposed Ross and Matty club.

I gaze back up at him, he watches me and then softly pins a lock of my hair back. It's a cheesy move but he manages it just fine.

"This weekend" he says.

"Yes" I smile pulling away and out of his reach. He smiles all the more. He knows that I'm engaged and that doesn't deter him.

He smiles and brushes his hair back moving his arm from around my shoulder and I sigh. He knows he's just charmed me and I hate him for it.

I gaze back at the door watching Rachel and her pink fluffy coat walk in. She eyes Jacob instantly and mouths 'who's he' to me. I sigh, yes he's a sight for sore eyes.