Chapter 34

"There are the love birds." Rebekah greets cheerily as Luna and Finn finally make their way downstairs. The blonde could easily deduce from the spots on Luna's neck what the two had been doing that morning.

Rebekah was glad to see her friend as she had been dealing with her irritating brothers all morning and was close to snapping their necks as a last resort. Niklaus in particular seemed pissed about the fact that he wasn't the only one with a certain claim on Luna anymore.

"Goodmorning." Luna murmurs sleepily, walking up to her mates to greet them. She blushes slightly, aware that despite the soundproof walls, everyone else knew all too well what they had done.

"Did you sleep alright, Elskan?" Elijah asks after pressing a kiss to her temple. Elijah had been cooking breakfast for his mate in Finn's absence. He had rumbled a little upon the sight of the bites marks that scattered her neck but decided to not comment on it. Patience was a virtue, one he had practiced many times. He would just have to ignore Finn's smug look for now.

"I did, thank you 'Lijah. How about you?" Luna asks as she hugs Elijah's side and steals a raspberry from the plate he had been preparing.

"I have slept-" Elijah replies before he is pushed out of the way by Niklaus.

"How nice, Elijah. Now move." Niklaus quickly whisks his mate away from his brother, hugging her tightly and peppering her face with kisses.

"Mature, Niklaus." Elijah mutters while rolling his eyes at his brother's antics.

"Goodmorning, little love." Niklaus rumbles happily, greedily drinking in his mate's giggles.

Kol, who had been watching his brother's assault of his mate with crossed arms, impatiently taps his foot. He looked close to mauling Niklaus if he kept going at this. In Kol's eyes, Niklaus already had his time with Luna, so he should do the right thing and back off. "Alright, that's enough, Nikkie." Kol growls five seconds later, losing his patience.

"Morons." Rebekah whispers as she sees Kol pulling Niklaus away from Luna, which results in yet another dispute amongst the brothers.

"Bekah, instead of going to Whitmore with us I need you to do some damage control." Luna says as she slips away from the arguing brothers. With a sigh, she drops herself on one of the empty bar stools, next to Finn.

Finn contently nuzzles at her temple, happy to have his mate at his side again. Finn now understood Niklaus's over-possessive behavior, he too didn't feel like losing Luna's from his sight, no matter how short. This was the reason for their morning activities in the bathroom, Luna's getting ready took a little too long for Finn's liking.

"Of course, who do I need to kill?" Rebekah asks.

"Not kill. There is a man, Pastor Young. His wife died and he is willing to kill twelve people to get her back-Oh, thank you, 'Lijah." Luna's story is interrupted with Elijah placing a bowl of porridge in front of Luna. Elijah leans down to press a kiss to her lips before stepping away, letting Luna continue her story.

"I need you to compel him to find peace with his wife's death, to not go looking for a way to get her back, and to be a good father to April. He is most likely wearing or ingesting vervain, so it could take a while." Luna continues while stirring her breakfast.

"It would be so much easier to just kill them both, but sure." Rebekah shrugs, enjoying the prospect of a short break from her idiotic brothers. Perhaps she could go to the spa after dealing with this pastor, god knows she deserved it.

• • •

"Stefan! Door!" Damon shouts from his position on the couch, not bothering to get up. He was in the middle of watching one of the cooking shows Finn had suggested to him. Damon had to admit it was quite interesting, he hadn't known there were so many ways to prepare an onion.