Soulless Chapter 80: Long Live Harilia

Long Live Harilia
~♛♛♛~

Ang bigat.

Iyon ang una kong naramdaman ng maramdaman ang korona sa ulo ko. Hindi bigat sa timbang nito kung hindi kakaibang bigat na para bang nasa mga kamay ko na nakasalalay ang buhay nilang lahat.

At mas bumigat pa ang pakiramdam ko ng tumayo ako sa harapan nilang lahat, habang nasa likod ko ang trono. Nakamasid silang lahat, nakabantay at isang maling kilos lamang ay tiyak na may masasabi sila. Ngayon alam ko na ang pakiramdam ng aking ina, ang pakiramdam na binabantayan ka ng lahat. Ngunit hindi para sa ikabubuti mo kung hindi para sa ikababagsak mo.

I force myself to smile. Gaya ng kung paano ko iyon ginagawa sa araw-araw. Gaya sa kung paano ngumiti ang aking ina sa kanilang lahat.

It's sickening, but I have to push through. I no longer have a choice; it was taken from me long ago. Naubos na ang kalayaan kong mamili ng pinangarap ko ang koronang ito, at tuluyan iyong nawala ng suotin ko na ito. Ngayon, ang tanging trabaho ko na lamang ay ang panindigan ang napili kong daan,.. hanggang sa huli, hanggang sa matapos ang lahat.

My crown gleams brightly in front of them, illuminated by the moon's gentle light that bathes the night. Napakaganda ng gabi, at noon ko lamang napansin na tila maging ang alon sa aking likuran ay pansamantalang kumalma, tila nagbibigay iyon ng pahintulot upang makapagsalita ako sa kanilang lahat ng malinaw.

I close my eyes, reminiscing about the dreams I used to have in my room's confinement. Yet, the right to nurture those dreams is no longer mine. When I open my eyes, I'm forced to discard them, transforming aspirations into the stark nightmares dictated by reality.

I need to be the Eloisa that the Queen shaped, not the one this land dreams of. They must remember my name in the most chilling way. And the echoes of my presence should leave a lasting impression, a mark of the formidable legacy I intend to create.

And I smile wickedly, letting myself be the cold hearted princess that they want. Eto ang gusto nilang lahat, at eto ang reyna na makukuha nila.

"My esteemed subjects and esteemed guests, As I stand before you, I must confess my ascent to this throne lacks the romanticism of grand adventures or tales of bravery." Some of them laugh at that, including the vampires standing beside me, but it all gone when I continue, leaving nothing but the truth. "My journey is marked by the shadows of a traitorous father and the complexities of my own character. Yes, some may call me a 'bitch,' but let it be known that my allegiance lies solely with the kingdom of Harilia."

Ramdam ko ang pagbabago ng paligid ng banggitin ko ang aking ama. But it's just a facade because my father never betrayed them; it was they who betrayed him. Ngunit mabilis rin iyong nawala at kitang kita ko na may ilan sa kanila ang muling ngumiti. Isang ngiti na gusto kong burahin.

"Now, as your new queen, I must address you with a heavy heart and a somber purpose. My first decree, though steeped in tradition, brings forth a moment of sorrow. Today, we will mourn the passing of the old era, and I must be the messenger of a change that awaits us all."

Their smiles finally fade, and their whispers begin to punctuate the night. The sea resumes its tumultuous dance, echoing the turmoil within me. I yearn to bring an end to it all.

"Selestina." It's a warning from the former Queen, and though I hear her, I refuse to acknowledge her. Not now. This bomb needs to be disposed of, but I don't want it done quietly. The louder, the better.

"I announce the dissolution of the current council." All of them come to a halt, fixing me with a deadly gaze. I wish they would end it swiftly, for that would be their greatest salvation. "This is not a decision made lightly, but it is one made in the best interest of our kingdom's future. Each of you has played a role in shaping the tapestry of Harilia, and we will always be grateful for that. But the time has come when your parade must come to an end. And by end, I mean... death."