Soulless Chapter 60: Embracing Warm

Embracing Warm
~♛♛♛~

The first rays of sun glow on my skin as it tried to peek on the small hole above the kitchen roof. I remained silent on the side watching her move to the kitchen. The scent of her dishes filled the small space and I admit that I love how it made my senses feel normal again.

Just like the old days

The days before I make a chaos out of my luxurious life.

"Ilatag mo ito sa mesa." She ordered me and I hesitate for a bit. I look at her hand then to the plate she's holding. Her face shows no emotion except for loosing a thin piece of patience.

A second passed before i grab it from her hand, it wasn't heavy at all but I feel so small while making my way through the dining.

The birds chirping outside as the wind slowly brush passed through them. I can also hear the river and the insect outside, but my terrible heart didn't stop beating when i placed each piece on the grand table.

I am not sure if I am making it right, or I am simply fooling myself.

I am a princess, never once in my life I serve the table and place utensils on each side. I am the one they serve.

'but a little gesture won't kill me' the back of my mind speak as the memory from last night flashed.

I am deeply embarrassed by my weakness last night, but unlike before i don't feel getting mad at her. Instead it feel natural.

And how does it became natural to be hug by a stranger, huh?

That's impossible. But not on her.

There's this weird beat on my chest that I couldn't explain.

Kinakabahan ako, ngunit wala akong ideya kung paraan saan.

Maybe because of what happened last night.

Maybe deep in my mind I am thinking and regretting that I let my guard down with a mere stranger.

Or maybe I am expecting for her to say something about it.

I tried to arrange the plates and utensils on the table base on how i remember my servants doing it before. Making sure that it is place correctly and neatly, then i looked back at the arc where the kitchen can be found.

She's probably not yet finish.

Then I look back at the plates. It is place on the grand table, but the picture of it doesn't please my eyes. It's missing something.

And I did, what I think is the best.

A few more try before I give up.

I am just fooling myself. The table was not extravagant here. It is just in a plain wooden long table with a vase of fresh flowers in the middle. The white plate and silver utensils I brought is completely an outcast to the interior.

I just ended up piling the plates and utensils base on how the old woman did when she handed it to me.

I heard her footsteps afterward. She's carrying the plate of rice on her hand. She stop on her track and look at the table.

And right there, i saw the disappointment in those orbs. I am familiar by that emotion very well, because that's the same face the I saw on the harilia whenever I did something extraordinary from their eyes, or even without doing anything.

I looked immediately away and regret helping her at all, though it is maybe force at some point.

"Maupo ka na, kukunin ko lang ang iba sa kusina."